Do I need a new lens? (has anyone sold their tamron 17-50?)

kennysarmy

Yeah but can your army do this?
Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
My current lens line up is:

Sigma 10-20
Canon 50 F1.8
Tamron 17-50 F2.8
Canon 70-200F4L

I often find myself swapping between the Tamron and the 70-200 to capture candid portraits of the kids when out for the day.

I wondered if I might be better off selling the Tamron and getting something in the 24 upwards range...

The landscape wide vista range still covered up to 20mm by the sigma...

Has anyone else gone through similar thoughts?

Or do I just have to live with a bit of lens swapping...thing is..landscapes I can plan for.....moving kids etc...I need the flexibility of one lens I reckon...whilst retaining as much quality and the option for some nice bokeh...

How odd, I've recently done the very same thing!
I had a Tamron, and then got a Sigma 10-20mm so didn't think I needed the 'wide bit' of the Tammy.
So I flogged it, and got the Sigma 24-70mm.

A) I did miss the wide bit of the Tammy, and having change lens's everytime I needed a bit wider than 24mm was a pain!

B) The 24-70 because of it's size and weight, well I couldn't class it as a walkabouts lens. It really is a monster for the zoom range it offers. Stunning IQ mind.......

So now, that's gone, and I got me a Sigma 18-50mm F2.8. Just as good as the Tammy. Nothing in it..........

Me three.:)

Don't see the point in getting rid of good glass and replacing with something similar.

If you do decide to get rid of the Tamron I'll take it off your hands... need to replace my kit lens!

Out of interest, do you ever use your nifty fifty anymore? With an f2.8 on your zoom I can imagine never bothering to use the nifty...

Back