Do LTTs eat spiders?

Nod

Tootles
Name
Nod (UK)
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering because there's a pair just outside my conservatory window who keep flittlng down to the kitchen windowsill and pecking at something there! Obviously no suitable camera to hand and if I move to get one they'll fly off!

They could also be "stealing" any small insects on any existing webs.

They also make amazing nests which amongst other stuff are built with spiders webs.

it's that time of year when they'll be collecting building material.

Thanks for the replies. I think Phil might have the answer since the funnel type webs that used to be between the bottom of the window and the sill have all disappeared! Of course, the tits could have eaten the spiders as well. Bill, no, they were just going at the small gap rather than the glass. We have had a male blackbird attacking himself - drove the cat batcrap crazy! (We kept her in until he got bored.)

Regarding windows and birds, just before Xmas I was stood leaning on the passenger seat of van drinking a cuppa when two robins flew the length of the van from back to front but one hit the closed window of the passenger door, which was obviously open. Poor thing died. Was quite sad.

If you can get a spider riding on an LTT @Nod :)

Back