Does anyone have, or know cheap places for ...

Edit My Images
No
Computer Memory.

I am after some relatively old memory to improve the speed of a relatively old computer for my dad, a relatively old man!

I am after two 1gig sticks of 184 pin PC3200 DDR non ECC memory.

The best place I have found is PLAY.com at £18 delivered (each).... just wondered if anyone can beat that, or if anyone has any old stuf lying about ?

Cheers in advance.

Anth

Check before buying if you need a matched pair, I had problems a while back with 2 slightly different versions of the same ram, pc just refused to see one, it turned out it needed matched pairs to work properly.

Scan and Aria are very good. It is an old machine now and unfortunately the cost of memory for it is going up rather than down. There are some seriously good deals of DDR2/3 but DDR is not so cheap!

I was advising someone last week about an upgrade and he wanted 4Gb. It was actually cheaper to change the motherboard and fit DDR2 and a new processor which is plainly ridiculous!!

If you are only putting in 2x1Gb though that price isn't actually all the bad.

Crucial is about £28 a stick. It seems a lot more than Play.com but I know where I would buy it. Memory is so much cheaper now than a couple of years ago and I like the very prompt service and quality product you get from Crucial.

Back