Does anyone here use the M40 regularly...

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
?

I drive down to High Wycombe from Brackley most days, and I pretty much always see at least 4 - 5 BOP's hovering around the Stokenchurch area just off the motorway. Does anyone know what they are (haven't managed to get any photo's yet - one day).

Red kite's I would imagine they are fairly common along the bledlow ridge area
P/ risboro' and the like

Red Kites defo I live not far from there and we see up to 35 - 40 regularly a sit to behold sometime(y)

Red Kites, you see them all along the M40, more so near the cutting at Stokenchurch.

Brilliant. Thanks! So, next question is where can I get off the motorway onto a quietish area to get some photos?

Rob,

A good spot I've used is as follows;

Leave the M40 at junction 6 and head into Watlington. Continue through the village towards Nettlebed and just as you leave the village there's a small car park on the right side of a sharp lefthand bend.....there's an antique dealer, wine dealer etc in some oldish buildings. Park in there and just wait. Locals feed the birds and it's not unusual to see twenty or so very close.

Bob

Brilliant. Thanks! So, next question is where can I get off the motorway onto a quietish area to get some photos?

You are more than welcome to come and park with me here at the farm and walk up the field they are nesting in the trees if you P.m. me and I will give you my number and you can arrange to come whenever you like.:cool:

Bob,

Excellent - thank you. Sounds like it's worth a visit for the wine dealer anyway. :)

Briony,

You're too kind! I may well take you up on that offer when I get some free time.

Thanks all for your assistance.

Rob.

Rob,

A good spot I've used is as follows;

Leave the M40 at junction 6 and head into Watlington. Continue through the village towards Nettlebed and just as you leave the village there's a small car park on the right side of a sharp lefthand bend.....there's an antique dealer, wine dealer etc in some oldish buildings. Park in there and just wait. Locals feed the birds and it's not unusual to see twenty or so very close.

Bob

Any particular time to be there Bob, I come home on the M40 from London about 14:00 at the moment

Sean

Back