does anyone know what sort of

500 shots at a guess - i'm telepathic!

My battery tends to last all day before I need a sleep to recharge :D

Dave, tell us what sort of battery and the equipment it goes in. Otherwise it's a case of how long is a piece of string mate... :)

My battery tends to last all day before I need a sleep to recharge :D

Dave, tell us what sort of battery and the equipment it goes in. Otherwise it's a case of how long is a piece of string mate... :)

9 and 3/16 is the piece on my desk:)

Given his recent threads, I'm guessing he's asking for the standard battery life for a 450D.

I charged mine on Saturday morning and have been using it a fair bit at nights.. just died on me just now. Once the batteries charged i can probably tell you how many shots I have taken if it logs that.

According to this review here you should get at least 500 pictures out of a battery unless you use the flash for every shot.

I reckon without the flash I probably get at least 500 shots from the battery. When I was at Goodwood, I arrived with a fully charged battery on the Saturday, and after taking shots all day Saturday and Sunday, probably nearer 700 shots in total, it hadn't quite run out, I think.

Would anyone consider using a non canon battery from 7dayshop.com? 2 for £10 sounds too good to be true so I am sceptical as with all things like that.. There can occasionally be exceptions though.

Would anyone consider using a non canon battery from 7dayshop.com? 2 for £10 sounds too good to be true so I am sceptical as with all things like that.. There can occasionally be exceptions though.

I've been using the 7dayshop batteries in my 300D / 30D for three years with out any problems. They last longer than the standard ones and are just a little bit cheaper :D

At that price they are almost disposable every 6 months anyway! I might buy a couple, chances are 1 would do but for the price of 2 why not.

Back