Does anyone still use the Colormunki photo for Pinter profiling using the Calibrate software

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
As title just wondering if the X-rite Colormunki photo with the latest calibrite software for printer profiling
or is the a lot of difference using the Cablbrite studio and the higher price.

I still use the Colormunki, but cant say if there is any difference using the Calibrate software. I get more than acceptable results, for both Monitor and printer profiles.

Late to the party, I know.
I still use a Colormunki and was recently forced to move to i1 Studio by the iOS update this Autumn.
I used it (i1 studio) to make a black and white profile recently, the resulting prints are true neutral tones so I am happy to keep using the old hardware with current software.
The printer I am now using is an Epson ET7750 which though having dye and pigment black ink is not what you would call a high quality photo printer, results with other printers and paper may vary.

AFAIK
All of the X-Rite devices are now made by Calibrate. IIRC your best bet, if no older Colormunki software on X-Rite site is to look/check on the Calibrite site?

The advice provided ------
"The device is a ColorMunki Photo (monitor and printer calibration).

There is a free upgrade path for this device with our ccStudio application

The application has been initially developed for Calibrite by X-Rite and will be available until we integrate it into our own Calibrite Profiler application later on in the year.

Please download and install the latest version of ccStudio. When installing the ccStudio application, be aware of the following:

• Administrative rights are required to install and uninstall the software.

• Do not connect the measurement device until the software installation is complete and you have rebooted the Mac.

Also, you may be asked at parts of the installation to open up permissions within the System Preferences. Please don't ignore these requests as not setting the permissions correctly will affect the creation of the profile.

The ccStudio Application download is available from the page below:

https://calibrite.com/software-downloads/

Before launching the software plug in the device wait a few minutes for the drivers to correctly activate then start the application."

I updated my CM today, just download driver from calibrite install cc studio, when you connect CM it tells you to upgrade for a one off fee

Back