Does it

Edit My Images
No
work? a couple of peeps have said they liked it but there not togs ;), so over to you the experts it comes :)

doggy%20eyes.jpg

work? a couple of peeps have said they liked it but there not togs ;), so over to you the experts it comes :)
Their opinion is as valid as anyone elses.
The only 'expert' opinions are those on the technical side of things. Everything else is purely subjective. If people like it then that's good.

I'm not sure about it. But it's certainly got something goig nfor it.
Maybe if the dog's expression didn't look sad it would be great.

hmm...i do like it, but it does leave me wanting to see the rest of its face, or at least I want to see more of its nose and more of the direction its looking.

Good effort, I just think altering the composition a bit (if possible, don't know how much its been cropped, if at all) would make it an even better image.

Their opinion is as valid as anyone elses.
The only 'expert' opinions are those on the technical side of things. Everything else is purely subjective. If people like it then that's good.

I'm not sure about it. But it's certainly got something goig nfor it.
Maybe if the dog's expression didn't look sad it would be great.

sorry i didnt mean it, in that way that there opinions didnt matter, i just thought i would throw it open to criticism. my first post read a bit wrong really :thinking:

Thanks for the comment (y)

Thanks antihero, im affraid thats all i got no cropping or pp on it at all. I just got the one shot with the lens i had on which was the 70-300 so i was couldnt get all of his face :(

All good. I just meant not to dismiss anyone's opinion on it as they all count.

I dont like it sorry, Its a good technical photo but beyond that.......

I dont like it sorry, Its a good technical photo but beyond that.......

No need to be sorry praxis, tbh im not keen on the shot myself but thought i would throw it open to criticism. The peeps that normally see my photos are friends and family so i dont get an honest answer half the time i appreciate your reply what ever your thoughts (y)

I like it - but in my (subjective) opinion, it would be ten times better if the dog was actually looking towards you/camera, rather than away from it. The dog looks as though he/she has a gorgeous face, you are pin sharp on the eye, and it has such a sullen expression on its face - if towards camera - then awesome.

However, I like it.

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I love it... just as it is! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

It really works for me, in this case I think its a good thing that it leaves you wanting to see the rest of him, that youre left wondering what he's looking at.
Imo its spot on the way the light falls on his fur around the eyes, it really is a shot all about the eyes, and they have a very 'Uh! oh!' expression about them ... no need for anything else.

It genuinely did make me chuckle as soon as I opened this.
It appeals to my sense of humour and immagination ... and its nice to see you using yours!
As I said, I just love it as it is! (y)

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under!

Indeed :D

I like it a lot too, not including extra space in the direction the dog's looking actually works here very well for me.

Reminds me of one or two episodes of Dexter's Lab, too.

IMO it would be superb if the dog was looking at the camera, but him looking in that direction just makes me wanna know what he's looking at. Also his eye looks a bit strange.

Thanks everyone for the input, I think its an either or shot really, as said it would have been alot better if he was looking at the camera but time and moment didnt allow (y)

Ok, I know Ive had my input already, and I do understand that photography is subject but for me, had he been looking at the camera, you wouldnt have seen the whites of his eyes as you do, and its that which gives the eye-popping expression ... and so makes the shot.
Ive seen birthday cards of all kinds of animals shot in a similar vein, and with the little captions underneath them, they really work! :)

This would be boring as hell if the dog was looking into the lens.

Great fun as-is.

he's just heard someone say time for the V E T S lets get rid of those N U T S ! thumbs up from me

I'm liking that alot :D

Looks like he's watching a screen while plotting world domination.

Thanks again all (y)

As a dog owner I LOVE IT!! Great close up, he/she look really surprised about something!!! Going to try something like that myself!!

Back