Does Noise Ninja actually work

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

Downloaded a trial version of noise ninja and tried it on a couple of images I took indoors in a dark bedroom at a wedding. The images I have tried it on it doesn't seem to have done a thing. Am I doing something wrong. It it really any good at all.

Missmoloko

Yes Noise Ninja is great, but is only really useful for images taken at a high enough ISO to produce bad noise with whatever body you are using.. Obviously.
It can soften images a little but there is a great range of settings that allow you to counteract this tendency.
When you open the Noise Ninja dialogue make sure it is set to profile the image, the plug in does this automatically but the standalone version may not.. I'm not sure.
If you post an one of the images you are trying to fix (or better still a link to the full file) then I can probably advise you better on why you aren't getting results.

I do like NN, but prefer Dfine by Nik Software, with their "u-point" technology, you can just just remove the noise from any part of the image, which I find is quite useful sometimes.

They do a 15 day full trial also: Link

Cheers

Yes Noise Ninja is great, but is only really useful for images taken at a high enough ISO to produce bad noise with whatever body you are using.. Obviously.
It can soften images a little but there is a great range of settings that allow you to counteract this tendency.
When you open the Noise Ninja dialogue make sure it is set to profile the image, the plug in does this automatically but the standalone version may not.. I'm not sure.
If you post an one of the images you are trying to fix (or better still a link to the full file) then I can probably advise you better on why you aren't getting results.

I agree, I've got the full version as well and by profiling the image or using manual profile ( you have to select a part of your image where the pixel colouration is very similar, ie:confused:ky etc) you will get some good results.

Just a thought, but you are making sure you are using NN on the photo layer itself and not on any adjustment layers above it, it needs to run on the photo layer otherwise it won' affect the picture.

I;ve lost count of the number of times I've runa filter on an adjustment layer because I forgot to highlight the image layer first. (talking about Photoshop & elements and other software which has layers here).

Personally, I used to use NN but prefer Imagenomic Noiseware (but these are personal preferencs, everyone will prefer their own noise reduction software)

Noise Ninja is a very useful bit of software from time to time, needs to be used carefully on high iso images as it can destroy detail, it's easily customised though...

it can also be used in conjunction with the "lasso tool/selection tools" to remove noise locally

simon

Tried a few, and Noise Ninja seems to be the best. I found Noiseware to over smoothen the image and loose a lot of detail compared to Noise Ninja, but didn't play around the settings much so maybe this can be improved.

May post a before and after sometime, NN made a significant difference but the image is still not brilliant...

I've used NN and Nik's Define - both are very good. I do slightly prefer NN.

NN is fabulous, I can't live without it :) not tried the other one. but NN does everything one can dream. it does soften area where the image is busy but apply sharpening afterwards

Back