Dog and Bird

Edit My Images
Yes
a couple of simple shots:

IMGP0236.jpg

my dog:
IMGP0315.jpg

Neither have been edited at all except resizing.

comments welcome,

Thanx
Charlie

I like the second the best. Please slap me for being cheeky as I have no right to offer advice, but I think it would look nicer if the dogs features were more obvious. He is very dark I guess.

Everyone here has the right to offer advice/opinions Gary - I agree with you & think that both shots could do with some post processing to bring out the detail.
You have done well considering Charlie, a dark dog against a dark background is always difficult to meter & expose correctly for - you should invest in a grey card imo & read up on exposure compensation (or use a bit of fill flash (y)) (cute dog btw)

unless I've missed some these are technically the best of the bunch you've posted today.
As moomie says they need a good bit of PP to pull the best out of em

The bird is a tad under exposed. PP can sort some of that.
The problem with the dog shot is that the background is LOTS brighter than the dog so your cam has exposed for the background and left the dog rather dark.

Thanks for the advice guys. I know i can ps my photos loads and possibly make them look better. But i'm on a mission to creat good photos without having to change them at all afterwards.

On the note of metering, is there a way for taking a meter reading on the dog whilst he is center and then move the frame so that he is at the side. If any1 knows please say, otherwise i guess i should sit down with the k10d's manual and have a good old read about its options.

Thanks again
Charlie

Back