Dog Rose

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Not a bad shot Les but if I could afford that lens I'd be really showing you - I'm so full of C..... no excuses is politer :eek:

Seriously you're not half bad at these shots - in fact really good - you'll have to give me a master class :)

Not a bad shot Les but if I could afford that lens I'd be really showing you - I'm so full of C..... no excuses is politer :eek:

Seriously you're not half bad at these shots - in fact really good - you'll have to give me a master class :)

Thank you John, you're more than welcome to a Master Class my friend and as for the lens- it wasn't that expensive ;)

[quote="DayDreamer, post: 6279974, member: 4487getnott a bad shot Les but if I could afford that lens I'd be really showing you - I'm so full of C..... no excuses is politer :eek:

Seriously you're not half bad at these shots - in fact really good - you'll have to give me a master class :)[/quote]

Hi John assuming thats the Sigma 105 you can get it secondhand for not too much
Its an excellent lens:)

Last edited:
Thats a good price Les
I've had my old non OS Sigma 105 for years I couldn't part with it when I got the Canon 100L:)
At the time the Canon was the only macro with image stabilisation

The new version of the Sigma 105 does not extend (as did the old version) when you focus which I find a huge bonus when shooting insects and the OS is very useful too

I've owned both now and the new version comes out way ahead

Les ;)

The new version of the Sigma 105 does not extend (as did the sion) wheN you focus which I find a huge bonus when shooting insects and the OS is very useful too

I've owned both now and the new version comes out way ahead

Les ;)

Oh thats a good thing that was the only thing that I dont like about my old sigma the lens extending when focusing

Last edited:
Oh thats a good thing that was the only thing that I dont like about my old sigma the lens extending when focusing

Yes, my 150-500mm does that too, still Sigma in my opinion make cracking lenses

Les ;)

[quote="DayDreamer, post: 6279974, member: 4487getnott a bad shot Les but if I could afford that lens I'd be really showing you - I'm so full of C..... no excuses is politer :eek:

Hi John assuming thats the Sigma 105 you can get it secondhand for not too much
Its an excellent lens:)[/quote]

"Not too much" - 'not to ouch much' - what's not too much - were moving house in two weeks & I'm a bloody pensioner :p

:)
"Not too much" - 'not to ouch much' - what's not too much - were moving house in two weeks & I'm a bloody pensioner :p

Don't worry John you have your £4.99 iPhone attachment. Only thing to do is cut down on the say go to shop have 7 instead of 8 and use the saved money to go towards the lens.

Cracking shot @Lez325 clarity looks a little too harsh to me. But it is a wonderful shot so not going to spoil it.

Don't worry John you have your £4.99 iPhone attachment. Only thing to do is cut down on the say go to shop have 7 instead of 8 and use the saved money to go towards the lens.

Naw I have 9 instead of 8 :)

and don't we know it :D:D:D:D:D:D[/quote]

Why have I just 'liked' a post where someone is rotten to me :( Bloody Game Kipper or whatever you are :p

Les is a kipper?!! Haha :D :D

Sent from The Moon.....

I blame my spellchecker & I seem to have a sticky keyboard & ............. well full of excuses me but well spotted me Daughter :banana:

Hehe I think it rather suits him ;)

Sent from The Moon.....

So poor old/young Les from now on will be known as the 'Game Kipper' :thinking:

When I first read that I thought it said Les is a keeper! I thought ohhh no T has fallen for Les' lack of charm. :p:p:p

Go stand in the corner with your hands on your head!! :p lol

Sent from The Moon.....

That's is a lovely effort Les, really nice an crisp on the focus front, my only really light niggle is I'd like to see just a little more light cast onto the stem/leaves just to give them a little more definition, I don't know if this was don't with built in flash or a flash gun if the latter maybe try a sheet of paper and an elastic band onto the gun to modify the direction/throw of the light a little more :)

I always though dog rose an not particularly flattering name for what is a delicately simple bloom :( I much prefer wild rosé

That's is a lovely effort Les, really nice an crisp on the focus front, my only really light niggle is I'd like to see just a little more light cast onto the stem/leaves just to give them a little more definition, I don't know if this was don't with built in flash or a flash gun if the latter maybe try a sheet of paper and an elastic band onto the gun to modify the direction/throw of the light a little more :)

I always though dog rose an not particularly flattering name for what is a delicately simple bloom :( I much prefer wild rosé

Thank you Matt-good constructive Critique - I should have used fill flash- It was the last shot of the day and I was heading back to the Land-Rover tired out, no excuse I know

Les ;)

Thank you Matt-good constructive Critique - I should have used fill flash- It was the last shot of the day and I was heading back to the Land-Rover tired out, no excuse I know

Les ;)

Seems fair enough to me (y) if it were me it would probably not have even got shot as once I'm tired I develop tunnel vision for my comfy chair :eek:

Seems fair enough to me (y) if it were me it would probably not have even got shot as once I'm tired I develop tunnel vision for my comfy chair :eek:

Been there done that- In fact I'm doing that right now :p

Been there done that- In fact I'm doing that right now :p

My goodness Have you no work to do - anyone would think it was a day of rest but you have a restful day every day :exit:

More than welcome to Shadow me for 24 hours- we'll see who has an easy day then John :p:p:p

I've done my life times share of work (brain work as I'm not built for physical stuff) before my body objected & seized up :)

Back