Doh dropped the camera today

Name
Perry
Edit My Images
Yes
And while no damage to the camera itself, the stock lens was attached at the time and when I went to use it today there was no auto focus the lens would not do a thing. Thought it was the camera at first then tried my other lens and all ok, so thought what the hell get a new stock lens so I manually twisted the stock lens and heard a couple noises like the motor catching (not fitted to camera I must add) then I fitted it to the camera and hey presto all working again!!!

Any idea what may of happened?? Or if it may be damaged still, it seems to be ok and taking pictures all ok again.

Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!

I did it and then thought bugger there goes my new lens, thought I would have to buy a new camera.

I opened the door to go into the kitchen and the strap got caught on the door handle and pulled camera from hand next thing bounce bounce!!!!!!! Never happens on a nice soft carpet oh no had to happen on floor tiles!!!!!!!!!

And while no damage to the camera itself, the stock lens was attached at the time and when I went to use it today there was no auto focus the lens would not do a thing. Thought it was the camera at first then tried my other lens and all ok, so thought what the hell get a new stock lens so I manually twisted the stock lens and heard a couple noises like the motor catching (not fitted to camera I must add) then I fitted it to the camera and hey presto all working again!!!

Any idea what may of happened?? Or if it may be damaged still, it seems to be ok and taking pictures all ok again.

Is it the 18-5mm? I knocked my lens and i snapped some teeth on the focus gear, got a new one from nikon for 4 quid and put it in the lens. But my mate dropped his and he snapped 2 little plastic lugs off the outer part of the lensa nd it had to be repaired. Didn't take me too long but they both work 100% fine now. I'm willing to ahve a look for you if you like? PM me if you want. I have a spare gear iirc if it needs one.

Edit: Just read it all, and its fixed lol.

What it will have been is there is 2 locators on either side of the outer part of the lens, they locate over 2 plastic beams which trn the focus. It can come off them easily.

I once knocked the 20D + 70-200 f4L off my shoulder, it landed plastic hood first which absorbed the shock and actually sprung it back and I caught it on the way back up :D.

Thankfully no damage to camera or lens.

*ouch* brings tears to your eyes reading threads like this. I haven't been caught yey but doubtless will be. It's like the old addage with bikers, you *will* fall off one day :(

Back