Donington Historic Festival 2022

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
Some great cars there....love the Kaliber Sierra and the Silk Cut ( XJR15?) Jag #16. Some quality panning.

Some great cars there....love the Kaliber Sierra and the Silk Cut ( XJR15?) Jag #16. Some quality panning.
Thanks, not sure which model of Jag it is tbh.

Nice set #1 wins hands down for me, definitely a wall hanger (y)

Thanks, not sure which model of Jag it is tbh.
I'm generally rubbish at these, but I think that one is the XJR8.
A good selection, showing some strong skills. Really like the first shot of the M3 (a touch of pp blur in that one?)
Was a great weekend wasn't it. I just wished there was a bit more rain during Sundays Group C race.

Nice set #1 wins hands down for me, definitely a wall hanger (y)
Thanks, appreciate it.
I'm generally rubbish at these, but I think that one is the XJR8.
A good selection, showing some strong skills. Really like the first shot of the M3 (a touch of pp blur in that one?)
Was a great weekend wasn't it. I just wished there was a bit more rain during Sundays Group C race.
Thanks, yes some slight extra blur applied for the M3. Google suggests it is the XJR8 yeah (y)

I only went for Sunday but yes it's a great event. Shame I didn't see the GT40's, and that some of the C1 cars didn't race on Sunday but still some fantastic cars.

That being said, the more times I go to Donington the more I get frustrated. Catch fencing is the bane of my life causing a lot of work in PP, and to make matters worse they've now started to put barriers up in certain areas to keep you away from the catch fencing meaning no chance of blurring it out. I'd love to get track side.

Still, it's a great chance to see these great cars (y)

....checks website of Donington Historic festival.......

fabulous images. Makes me want to go there now.
Thanks :) Definitely worth going to, as are the Masters Festivals (y)

Very nice set of images indeed and for me, the B&W image is superb. Nice panning technique too.

Lovely set of images, some absolutely top class panning skills here. Agree with you about the fencing, it is frustrating at Donington. I was there on Saturday and in the sunshine it's a nightmare

Lovely set of images, some absolutely top class panning skills here. Agree with you about the fencing, it is frustrating at Donington. I was there on Saturday and in the sunshine it's a nightmare
Thanks very much.

Where was that first BMW M3 pan taken from? I am guessing where the railway coach used to be (showing my age I guess!) but not sure as there is the tunnel and often more busy stuff to get in the shot around that area

Where was that first BMW M3 pan taken from? I am guessing where the railway coach used to be (showing my age I guess!) but not sure as there is the tunnel and often more busy stuff to get in the shot around that area
I don't remember a railway coach, I've been going since the early 80's? It was taken between Mcleans and Coppice
Like the first one and the E type Jag.
Thanks.

I don't remember a railway coach, I've been going since the early 80's? It was taken between Mcleans and Coppice

Thanks.

Ah ok - for some reason i thought it was taken from outside foggies/Goddard looking back at where the Dunlop bridge used to be with McLeans in the background.

Railway coach was always between the pedestrian tunnel and foggies - opposite the exhibition centre. It’s now a gravelled area with a wooden fence

Best photo I could find

Last edited:
Ah ok - for some reason i thought it was taken from outside foggies/Goddard looking back at where the Dunlop bridge used to be with McLeans in the background.

Railway coach was always between the pedestrian tunnel and foggies - opposite the exhibition centre. It’s now a gravelled area with a wooden fence

Best photo I could find

I don’t remember that at all, but then my memory’s not the greatest :LOL: I wonder when it was removed, I’ll have to google it later.

I don’t remember that at all, but then my memory’s not the greatest :LOL: I wonder when it was removed, I’ll have to google it later.

I think it when about 15 years ago I guess - just before the failed lease when they emasculated the place in the name of F1 which of course never happened

I think it when about 15 years ago I guess - just before the failed lease when they emasculated the place in the name of F1 which of course never happened
Ahh right, must be during the period I didn’t go.

I think it was there for years - had a chance to dig back and luckily found this one as most other photos are better angles.

This was FIA GT 2004. I thought you were shooting from where the coach was back towards the straight with mcleans in the background

Annoyingly it seems I’ve lost my 2003 FIA Sportscar photos somewhere… not in my archive. Hopefully on a cd somewhere…A4F2768A-58C9-4E0A-B6B1-BC215493CA4F.jpeg

Last edited:
I think it was there for years - had a chance to dig back and luckily found this one as most other photos are better angles.

This was FIA GT 2004. I thought you were shooting from where the coach was back towards the straight with mcleans in the background

Annoyingly it seems I’ve lost my 2003 FIA Sportscar photos somewhere… not in my archive. Hopefully on a cd somewhere…View attachment 352644
Ahh cool, now I've seen it in situ it does ring a bell. I did have almost a 20 year spell of not going to Donington though when I moved away from the area.

I wish the fencing (or lack of) was still like these pics from my childhood :LOL:

NZ7_2704 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

NZ7_2707 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

Well that is white different looking on the inside of Starkey’s

Absolutely love these photos. Would love to see more. Will check out your Flickr

Well that is white different looking on the inside of Starkey’s

Absolutely love these photos. Would love to see more. Will check out your Flickr
Thanks.

Back