Beginner Donnington Park Sunday, advice needed

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys ,

As the title says I'm off to Donnington to try and get some decent motorsport shots , I will be taking my D3200 with Nikon 55-200 VR lens and a tripod (needed?). Does anyone have any experiance here (i.e. good spots etc). Iv done a bit of youtube homework covering panning etc. The weather looks set to be cloudy/sunny.

Personally I'd leave the tripod at home. What lenses do you have. Having shot there earlier in the year you might find 200 a little short in places. I found I got some decent shots from the infield part of the circuit. Inside of red gate, red gate makes for some nice panning shots and inside of Roberts was where I spent most of my time

ok so quick update.... prepaired well and did a lil homework etc and popped the battery on charge the night before (you can see where this is going) , got to Donnington and onto the infield and got a nice spot and yes you guessed it , NO BATTERY :(

Im back Saturday to try again

I would practice your panning and gradually reduce the time. I have tried using a monopod but struggle to anything decent, due to the fact that I find the pod cumberness and have a tendency to trip over my feet as I rotate around the monopod :p

Back