Dornoch Beach

Name
Kit
Edit My Images
Yes
Got to spend a very cold half hour on Dornoch beach yesterday. Not as much snow as I was hoping for but still beautiful.

3081966765_fd5bfb961f_o.jpg

3082806552_1b64b76091_o.jpg

3082806432_ec933cdf57_o.jpg

3081966439_786cd6dfb1_o.jpg

3082806098_6a37dd4b15_o.jpg

Long time since I've been there, it still looks stunning. Love 2, but the lighting and composition in 3 makes it my favourite.

Nice pics of a nice beach. Not been there either for a good while.

I`m just up the road from you in Caithness. Must head down there a look soon if I can.

Only thing I`d say is the horizon in no 4 is a tad off but apart from that it`s a nice set.

:)

Last edited:
Very nice set! Tone down the green on number 1, and you're off to the races!

Not bad at all. Simple and clean. (y)

Hunter - the seaweed is that colour on the beaches round here. (y)

Nice pics of a nice beach. Not been there either for a good while.

I`m just up the road from you in Caithness. Must head down there a look soon if I can.

Only thing I`d say is the horizon in no 4 is a tad off but apart from that it`s a nice set.

Thanks for the kind words. Your right about no. 4 I have a never ending problem with wonky horizons when not using a tripod, must be bad posture or something??

Thanks for the kind words. Your right about no. 4 I have a never ending problem with wonky horizons when not using a tripod, must be bad posture or something??

Good efforts.

A tip for hand held horizon shots...............

Inside the view finder try and level up the left and right focus points with the horizon, I don't know if all cameras have superimposed focus points but if yours does (maybe it's a custom function) try it.

Ah, beach shots... one of my faves :)

Number #1's the winner for me with that seaweed and 'almost perfect' sand. I'd try to doing something a little more with the sea and distant background to add a little contrast.

Ah, beach shots... one of my faves :)

Number #1's the winner for me with that seaweed and 'almost perfect' sand. I'd try to doing something a little more with the sea and distant background to add a little contrast.

Thanks I might try that but my photoshop skills are not very good.

Nah... it doesn`t need to be bad posture. It`s quite hard (imo) to always get the horizon straight when hand holding... that`s why I always use the old tripod.

Keep at it...

Nice and simple and well spotted. I like No.1 best and I am ok about the green but I would like to see more saturation in the sky to balance it.

Back