Dorset Coast

Matt.

Judge Dredd
Edit My Images
Yes
I rarely post on here but thought i might as well join in as i actually managed to take some photos at the weekend :LOL: It was one of those days where you get in the car, drive a few miles and then it pours with rains so heavily that you wonder whether it's worth the effort. Oh and once i got there i walked a mile and forgot my tripod, so went back for it, and after all that extra walking i didn't even use it :wacky:

1459660322_095cff8f95.jpg

Anyway, let me know your thoughts and we'll see if they match mine!

that's a very good pic
great composition and range of tones
it appeals to me a lot
expect the purists would have the horizon on a third, but then you'd lose the lovely sky

nope fine the way it is (y)

I like it too. Some lovely colours and great sky.

Is it that Durdle Door on the other side of that little headland?

A great shot - very nearly

It's rare that a landscape with a sky/land shot across the middle works, and I don't think it does here too

With more of the bay (perhaps 2/3rds) in shot and a bit of sky I'm sure you'd have a cracking shot; conversely, the sky is great too, so 2/3rds sky and a bit of land could be great too. But this 50/50 approach seems unbalanced to me

Try a crop either way and I'm sure it'll improve - tripods suck eh? You didn't need it here but if you hadn't taken it, the sun would have dipped at the speed of light and left you with nothing - Sod's Law reigns supreme:LOL:

A great shot - very nearly

It's rare that a landscape with a sky/land shot across the middle works, and I don't think it does here too

With more of the bay (perhaps 2/3rds) in shot and a bit of sky I'm sure you'd have a cracking shot.

This is what i think as well. When i look at the photo i just want to see more of the bay... but i wasn't that willing to get close to the cliff edge :LOL:

I'll try again some day as it's not that far away and it's a cool place for a walk, even though it does get very windy!

pardon?

I love it, wish I'd taken something even half as good when I was there the other week! Maybe I'd have tried to zoom out a little to include more foreground, but if that wasn't possible then so-be-it :shrug: The colours are lovely, especially the blues (y)

I love it, wish I'd taken something even half as good when I was there the other week! Maybe I'd have tried to zoom out a little to include more foreground, but if that wasn't possible then so-be-it :shrug: The colours are lovely, especially the blues (y)

It was at 17mm on the 17-40, so no, i couldn't have gone wider unfortunately :(

I am going to disagree with DD on this occasion and say that the shot is not spoiled by having the horizon in the middle. I agree that it could be improved by moving it towards a third but there is enough by way of diagonals to still add drama and interest into the shot. Not for the bin Matt but perhaps not top drawer either. (y)

I like it, did you get a series of shots? any sun rays coming through the clouds?

P.S You do know you can park much closer via the campsite?

I like it, did you get a series of shots? any sun rays coming through the clouds?

P.S You do know you can park much closer via the campsite?

Of course... but i need the exercise :LOL:

Back