Double collision, floating collisions, and mirror image collision...

Edit My Images
Yes
So went at it again with the collisions tonight! :LOL: Got a few nice ones. (750 I took tonight, and broke my 10,000 image barrier... image names are back to 0001 again now!)

Click for larger ones, worth it with some.

Double collision:

Some floating collisions:

Non-floaters:

And some two similar but reversed collisions, I thought looked nice as one image, what do you think? (Again, click for a large one!)

they are certainly up to your usual standard - which is pretty darn good btw

Stunning as always!

Stunning shots Ash as always with these Drop shots, been great seeing you improve to this standard and you got there pretty damn quick too (y)

they are certainly up to your usual standard - which is pretty darn good btw

Haha, thanks!

You are getting to good by far. The last two are just spot on Ash. The blue shot could have done with a little more light.

Allan

Thank you :) I agree, the blue one is dark, and that's been lightened already from the original. I tried using some coloured flash gels I bought recently, but they make it too dark. And I can't really increase the aperture or ISO, not without reducing DOF/IQ obviously. I will have a play with the gels, see what I can do :)

Stunning as always!

These are superb:clap:

Cheers
Ian

Thanks both!

Stunning shots Ash as always with these Drop shots, been great seeing you improve to this standard and you got there pretty damn quick too (y)

Thanks Alby! :D Hehe, yeh, practice makes perfect eh? :LOL:

A fabulous selection, the one that stands out most to me is the blue "non floater" as you call it, not totally sure why I like it most:shrug: but I do. Hope you got a good one saved for this month competition ;)

Excellent shots Ash and very creative (y)

A fabulous selection, the one that stands out most to me is the blue "non floater" as you call it, not totally sure why I like it most:shrug: but I do. Hope you got a good one saved for this month competition ;)

Haha, it is very splodgy isn't it? Thanks Angi :) And good point! I forgot about it, woops. Erm, so yeh, that one I entered was editted quite a lot from my original version... but I am guessing seeing as I've had it up on here before (albiet uneditted) it doesn't count? It's still my favourite collision I think.

Excellent shots Ash and very creative (y)

Thank you Steve!

I'm new to macro photography and really interested in yours piccies, how on earth do you do this, can you give me some advice and tips? :)

Great shots Ash, mind you don't wear your shutter out!

I'm hoping the weather will be horrible on Sunday so I can set my rig up again :D

Great shots Ash, mind you don't wear your shutter out!

I'm hoping the weather will be horrible on Sunday so I can set my rig up again :D

Thanks :) Yeh I was reading about the shutter life, it's apparently 20-100k... I'm already at 14k! But it's apparently replacable under warranty :)

Haha... I hope so too then ;)

These are fantastic, i have only briefly played around with water drops but inspired by these shots i aim to spend some time on trying to capture some for myself :) this was the best i got (not attempted collisions)

Again amazing work :) now my flash gun has been repaired I think Im ready for the collisions!! (y)

how can you top this now :thinking: 5 collisions, 5 colours :nuts:

These are fantastic, i have only briefly played around with water drops but inspired by these shots i aim to spend some time on trying to capture some for myself :) this was the best i got (not attempted collisions)

Thanks! :) That's nice shot, I'll look out for some more! I added you as a contact on Flickr too :)

Again amazing work :) now my flash gun has been repaired I think Im ready for the collisions!! (y)

how can you top this now :thinking: 5 collisions, 5 colours :nuts:

Ooh wicked! I've got two flashguns now, bought one from Amazon for £36! Works fine. I'll look out for some collisions! (y)

number 3 and 5 are the ones I like the most, especially number 5.
I have never tried playing with water, although I assisted someone during a similar shot.

Fantastic, it inspired both me and my friend to have a go. I will submit our attempts soon :)

Ash, I think your 'floating magenta splodge' shot on your flkr page ia absolutely fantastic. I keep showing everybody that shot :notworthy:

Edit: Are you using your 18-55mm lens for these shots? I cantbelieve how sharp you get them.

Last edited:
Ash, I think your 'floating magenta splodge' shot on your flkr page ia absolutely fantastic. I keep showing everybody that shot :notworthy:

Edit: Are you using your 18-55mm lens for these shots? I cantbelieve how sharp you get them.

Hehe, thanks! Much appreciated :)

Took these today:

4319792756_49a0e1f77c.jpg

4318966503_b388c1ffdc.jpg

And yes I am using the 18-55mm, until I can afford a macro lens! I fine focus for every set of shots using the LiveView, on 10X, and using a syringe so I can check it's in focus by looking at the lettering :)

I really like the tryptych, if I had taken that it would be framed on my wall. Still think the magenta is the best imho. Have been through your whole flkr and its given me ideas to try out. Hoping to get an 18-55 myself as my lens is not suited to close up :crying: Either that or more likely it is operater error :LOL:

I really like the tryptych, if I had taken that it would be framed on my wall. Still think the magenta is the best imho. Have been through your whole flkr and its given me ideas to try out. Hoping to get an 18-55 myself as my lens is not suited to close up :crying: Either that or more likely it is operater error :LOL:

Aww thank you Ceri! :love: Yeh I love the magenta one. I just wish I had changed the colours before putting it on Flickr. I made a triptych with the magenta one and other collisions, with the colours changed slightly, for the POTY competition on here.

Haha, I'll look out for some photos from you then :) Have you added me on Flickr?

sweet photos! (y)

Thanks!

Fantastic Ash, i must make a set up and give this a proper try as it looks so rewarding when you get captures like this!

Back