Double exposure, this way or that?

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's an accidental double exposure from my disposable camera (now disposed of).
It made lots of double exposures, most of which are spoiled by the accident...
This one fascinates me, I see it quite differently when it is flipped upside down.
Perhaps it is a way in which my brain tries to find a single image.....

LeBox disposable camera APX400 in Rodinal.
DubExp2.jpgDubExp1.jpg

It seems to make more sense the way it is on the right, I have no idea why that is.

My wife thinks that my interpretation of the image being pretty much what is seen at the top of the image is due to way in which we scan the image from the top left, in the same way as I would read a page of text.

That certainly is very interesting - thank you for posting it.

My wife thinks that my interpretation of the image being pretty much what is seen at the top of the image is due to way in which we scan the image from the top left, in the same way as I would read a page of text.

Partly that but also (for me, at least!) because the tree is the most easily recognisable subject that NEEDS to be the right way up to make sense. The fence and gate make a bit of sense upside down (not a big bit but more than the tree does).

Have you tried butting the 2 up together and fiddling so the 4 bar fence is perfectly aligned, possibly cropping a fraction off the top and bottom of the result to lose the black line?

Back