Double trouble - baby shot

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Not posted a shot for ages as I've been too busy. Quite liked this one though, and oddly perhaps, it's a first for me being babies - most of the kids I shoot can at least sit up, whereas these two couldn't

Spot the not deliberate technical error!!! :shake::shake::shake:

Note to self: must pay more attention in class :LOL: (mum loved them though, so got away with it - phew)

Double_trouble_1.jpg

Double_trouble_2.jpg

TFL (y)

Catchlights a bit low in the eye perhaps? Nice shot for all that and the colour version for me please. :)

well after a look myself i could only see the catchlights were at 4-5 oclock instead of the much nicer 11-1 imo

and i also much prefer the colour version mate .

that said around the fingers and hand the light looks brighter. only alittle but it does imo

loverly shot which i am sure the mother and farther will cherish..

also right or wrong i like the hand the one child is touching on the other nice touch ..

only imo which means little.. :shrug:

tfs

md(y)

Awww!!! :love:

Looks like double the cuddles ... & double the troubles!!!

Like MD says, I like the way youve caught the physical connection between them and its a nice vibrant shot but the bottom-right outlines side dont look quite sharp enough for me.

Oh... and the baby on the left ... she has something in hair that someone forgot to clone ;)

Catchlights - yes - what a pillock eh! Just forgot to lift the keylight up as we'd been shooting laid on the floor immediately beforehand - we all make mistakes :crying:

These are the 'proof' images used for the DVD that a client chooses from, once an order has been placed (as here for the BW one, parents eh, what do they know!) the original image is touched up very carefully indeed

Here then, the 'bright' or 'soft' bits are actually where the parents who are holding the babies up have been roughly painted out with a white brush to save time on doing it properly

One tot has several large red 'lumps' on her head (I didn't ask what they are!) but as they are part of her I don't think it right to clone stuff like that out. Scratches yes, birthmarks I always leave in unless the parent wants them removing - which they don't

One tot has several large red 'lumps' on her head (I didn't ask what they are!) but as they are part of her I don't think it right to clone stuff like that out. Scratches yes, birthmarks I always leave in unless the parent wants them removing - which they don't

Ahhh right. Understandable, poor mite, never seen anything like that.

So, its the catchlights then .. understandable irritant but I doubt the parents would have a clue even if it were pointed out!

sorry - parents wrong togs right - prefer the colour!
wonder why they prefer the b/w though? :thinking:

:shrug:

what do we know..:shrug:

if they are paying as far as im concerned they are right..

now me dave id have to tell them.....:cautious: that is they made a great choice...

ps totally agree about the birth mark thingy..

md(y)

But...why would they be complaining?

that you are showing them to many good shots and its going to break there bank as they have to have them all...

now thats complaining at its best..

ok dd back on topic..

ps did not mention before but that little bit of pink in the border :nono: imo

md(y)

ps did not mention before but that little bit of pink in the border :nono: imo

md(y)

Why? They are girls, it's a colour from their own clothing

I'm keen to know why that's wrong...? Explain...?

And FYI - it's not on the shot they bought, only added here for interest

(or perhaps not then eh! :LOL:)

imo

imo

:crying: sorry mate ...

i love it :clap:

i realise that you would not have put it on the original and was only added for here.. but for myself there was enough pink in the shot and the border did not add anything.. like i said imo

md (y) (y) :love:

I like the pink of the bored tbh....but then again thats IMO and I know nothing:D

This is entirely a subjective matter - so if you know you like it, that's as valid as "I don't like it" any day of the week & twice on Sundays - which is today :D:D

with a blow on my fingers i'll summon a cloud and leave this thread alone

:notworthy:

md(y)

I can see why they would like the B&W one...apart from the fact that B&W is really trendy at the moment in kiddies pics, it's also a good shot. Still, I do prefer the colour one. ;)

Actually the one here is a sepia type too - though so subtle no-one's noticed as yet - the one they want is a heavy sepia and a vignette too!

Back