Dovedale Landscape

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is another image from my trip to Dovedale, this time a landscape. You will notice when looking at this image the ghostly figures of a couple of walkers, I have left these in the image as I feel they give a sense of scale.

30_12_2007_Dovedale%20Derbyshire_00001.jpg

Not 100% sure about this one Anthony...

Nice landsscape thats for sure, but, i dont like the nature of the processing.
The skyline has a Halo, the tree nearest centre is grey and it looks unnatural.
The Ghostly figures dont really do much for me either... Sorry.

:thinking:
Im not sure what to comment, because personally Im not sure what to make of it.
Im unsure if I like it - and I think it has something to do with the processing of it. Im instantly drawn to the "white/grey" tree in the middle of the image. And most of the tree's/rocks/paths seem to mingle over the middle of the image as there seem to be no "definition" due to the colour.

The processing isn't quite working for me either.. sorry.

The scene is good so maybe a slightly lighter touch with the pp may do the trick.

Ok, comments have been taken on board. I have reprocessed the image, and removed the people from the right hand side.

30_12_2007_Dovedale%20Derbyshire_00001-2xx.jpg

A lot better than the first one Ant....but Im still sat on the fence with this one...
Im not sure I dont think I like it.
That tree [in the middle] draws me straight to it cos....it looks wrong IMO. I know its not grey anymore, and you can tell there is some colour to it but to me it still doesnt look "right"
I think its because theres too much of a similar colour around it, it just kinda merges with the rest of it...:shrug:

Its just IMO....but its 100% better processing than the first one.

any chance of seeing the non - processed version of this, it looks a well composed shot but i don't like the processing of any of them. Sometimes HDR doesn't work and in this case i think it doesn't.

I will try and get the unprocessed version up tomorrow when i get in from work. Its three seperate shots so i will combine them and then post up the result.

The colour balance looks way off in both these Ant. I find there's two main things to watch for with HDR, a sort of grey veil on the image or parts of it, and halos developing along the skyline. You can see both in these shots. If you have several exposures try combing just two - one for the sky and one for the land, without the HDR, you may well get a better image.

I love Dovedale. Is this just down the valley from The Stepping Stones?

:agree:

The white balance doesn't look right at all and my eye is drawn instantly to the halos around the skyline. It looks as though you've overcooked the HDR processing.

As CT said, try blending two shots in PS.

hope you dont mind me altering your image?

dovedale_test.jpg
[/IMG]

Only spent 2 mins on it but its some weird colour.

Dave

Sorry ant, but i have to agree with previous comments about the colour, they just look a bit washed out (like something thats been in a shop window too long!). dcash29's edit looks better with more colour in its cheeks. Shame, as it's a cracking image with good composition !

I made the mistake of editing the second image.

Now that ive edited the first image all you have to alter is your gamma/exposure.

the colour came from your editing

Back