Downloading Software (for Card Reader)

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Since my recent defection to the side of the turtleneck jumper and cups of java, I'm having trouble picking out some decent software.

On the PC I used Breeze Systems Downloader Pro to copy the shots off my CF cards.

I would put the card in the drive, and fire it up. It would ask me for a name, which I gave it "eg, Shooting in Wales"

It would then create a folder at a location of my choosing, called "08.21 Shooting in Wales"
In there it would put all the shots from my card, renaming them to 080821_####.cr2" (the #### being the original shot number)

I could the hit the 'delete' button and it would wipe the card for me (only deleting the shots it had downloaded).

Now can I find something as similar and simple for the mac? Nope. DL Pro isn't available for OSX, with no plans to make one.
I tried ImageIngester, but I can't seem to get it set up right, it just seems so overly fussy and complicated.

I just need the folder creation, and the renaming of files, then the deletion of images.

I've tried the downloader with Bridge, and that didn't have the renaming convention that I wanted (they forced 4 digit years etc).
I also tried the Lightroom downloader and it was also limited (plus I dont always want to import into Lightroom straight away)

Any thoughts?

You could probably make something that does exactly what you want using the automator...

iPhoto will do all this for you - and it is part of OS X. The only thing you have to do is accept that it will do the organisation for you and go along with this - you are able to create what iPhoto calls Albums to group related images together, as by default it groups images by Events, which you can name as the images are imported from your camera.

If you want more control, Aperture gives this - but this doesn't come with the system.

Back