Draculas Castle

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Slains Castle just out side Cruden Bay was Bram Stoker's insiration for Dracula. He stayed at ther Kilmarnock Arms Hotel in the village and visited the castle. People in the north east of England will tell it was in Whitby or somewhre but that is not the case. Dracula was a Scotsman:D

Any way here's some shots.

Slains-8.jpg

Slains-5.jpg

Slains-1.jpg

slains2-1.jpg

Slains-2.jpg

Slains-4.jpg

Slains-6.jpg

and my favourite, the view out to sea from the main turrett.
Slains-3.jpg

Last edited:
Scotsman - prays on his knees and his neighbours? ;) Nice castle, shame about that wire fence. You disguised it well in #1. #3 is my favourite - it could almost be an icon for ruined castle. Excellent image and my pick from a great set.

Scotsman - prays on his knees and his neighbours? ;) Nice castle, shame about that wire fence. You disguised it well in #1. #3 is my favourite - it could almost be an icon for ruined castle. Excellent image and my pick from a great set.

Thank you Russ.

The fence was a bloody pest. There is a track leading to the castle just screaming out for a lead in shot, it curves beautifully towards the castle too. The last part of the track is fenced off so it knackers any hope of a decent composition.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:Bummer.

Yeh...

I like these too, great shots. Love the skies you got there (I`m getting blown skies but the filters are on the way :D )

I like the old castles and I`m gonna be exploring all the ones up here soon too.

2, 4 and 6 for me.

(y)

Yeh...

I like these too, great shots. Love the skies you got there (I`m getting blown skies but the filters are on the way :D )

I like the old castles and I`m gonna be exploring all the ones up here soon too.

2, 4 and 6 for me.

(y)

Cheers tic. I was lucky today with the sky. Originally set out to try to capture some Buzzards but because of the sky, I went to the castle. Scary place right at the cliff tops and nothing to stop you falling.

Back