Dressage and Jumping

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
A few random shots from Sunday, dressage for me is a far bigger challenge than jumping, so difficult to just get the timing right.

8W0A0143.jpg

8W0A1070.jpg

8W0A0055.jpg

8W0A2302.jpg

8W0A2152.jpg

Look at all the rosettes, successful day :)
8W0A2290.jpg

Its a nighmare Dod I get it wrong every time or so my daughter keeps telling me :bang:
The two heads really stand out as the best of a really nice set (y)

Bravo!

A nice mix of images. I'm not especially horsey so can't really comment on what needs to be added but I really like the two horses shooting the breeze and the back image of the rosette carrier - add a bit of character to the set.

thanks for the comments folks :)

Very nice set, I can't comment on the horsey side of it either, but I really like 3 and 4 (y)

Nice set. The one that really stands out for me is #4. (y)

I like two and four, the only thing that spoils two for me is nothing to do with the photography but the rider, she does not have that aloof look and upright carriage that I associate with dressage. The first two horses look positively naked - I have just spent the last few hours going through polo shots and they wear lots of kit.

I like two and four, the only thing that spoils two for me is nothing to do with the photography but the rider, she does not have that aloof look and upright carriage that I associate with dressage. The first two horses look positively naked - I have just spent the last few hours going through polo shots and they wear lots of kit.
Dod always produces good shots (y) but they look like eventing at a lower level than a lot of images we see on here so the horses and riders don't have the aloof look that others do, and are harder to get dressagy pics of.
It is very different to the polo though, I think the other way as for dressage (which is what I mostly see) you are not allowed all the tack that he polo people have so to me the polo looks wrong!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dod always produces good shots (y) but they look like eventing at a lower level than a lot of images we see on here so the horses and riders don't have the aloof look that others do, and are harder to get dressagy pics of.
It is very different to the polo though, I think the other way as for dressage (which is what I mostly see) you are not allowed all the tack that he polo people have so to me the polo looks wrong!!

Unfortunately for the polo, the kit is necessary. Double reins for neck reining and breastplates so that the saddle doesn't slip back when the horses accelerate quickly. Ironically though, polo ponies tend to get tacked up much quicker! ;)

Back