Drifting

Name
kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I've never actually taken any photos of moving cars so a few of my friends went to a drift school so I just had to follow them down with my camera..

DSC03367.jpg

DSC03463.jpg

DSC03429.jpg

DSC03325.jpg

DSC03550.jpg

DSC03559.jpg

DSC03567.jpg

great first effort got lots of movement the ones of the white s13 are best :)

Good first effort for drifting which is tough to shoot. I would say use a slightly faster shutter speed to get more of the car sharp, say 1/200s. Very well done. :)

Also, just looked again, try to keep the focus point on the windows of the car wherever possible and this will reduce the AF getting stuck on the corner of the car.

thankyou for the positive comments.. i'm chuffed to bits now haha

yes it was teeside djbolf, and badger i did that to start with then quickly realised what i was doing wrong lol

had the camera set to aperture priority switching the shutter speed between 14 - 16

To be honest, for motorsport, especially where you are side on to the cars, Tv or shutter priority is much better so you can control the amount of motion blur.

Hope you don't mind me posting this in your thread. :)

UK_Silverstone_D1GB_030906_44.jpg

i dont mind at all... that is an amazing shot :)

i'll try out the tips when i'm next down there and i'll post the results, see if they're any better

first pic is my favorite! you can proper see the direction its going in & its spot on!

Back