Drip Drip Drip !

I agree...No 2 is my fave. Superb :)

awesome, what setings did you use for these?

Super set Mike, #'s 2 nd 4 are my favs with #2 just edging it I think (y)

i must say im a fan of number 4.
I like how you still have a water droplet still in motion and the ripples from a previous drop.
Gorgeous.

5&8 are superb and the reast are great too. Nice work.

I have been trying to do these. Do you use a bowl or a glass plate? How do you get the colours? Hope you dont mind me asking!!

Great set matey I've just had my first go aswell! I've even posted with virtually the same title as yours! :LOL:

Thanks for all the kind comments, appreciate it :)

I have been trying to do these. Do you use a bowl or a glass plate? How do you get the colours? Hope you dont mind me asking!!

For my first attempt I put the the K10D on a tripod, a large clear glass bowl full to the brim with water (and placed below a dripping tap on draining board)), various coloured plastic container lids from the cupboard which are placed behind the water.
For lighting I used onboard flash plus the Pentax AF-360 flash to one side in wireless mode and just remotely pressed the shutter via infa red as the drip left the tap.

Number 3 has a glass cutting board placed behind to give a pattern look, number 9 is actually a green washing up bottle placed to the left :D

Great set matey I've just had my first go aswell! I've even posted with virtually the same title as yours! :LOL:

Just had a look, number 3 is excellent (y)

Last edited:
What the hell do you lock focus onto though? Surley you can track the droplet? <shocked>

How did I miss these, they're great! The Green set are the winners for me and #2 is just superb!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

No.4 and 8 are incredible shots, well all are incredible but those 2 i like the best, very good job there mate!

Superb set, really well taken :clap:

Don`t you think these shots of dripping water are getting a bit played out by now

They look awesome. I bet they'd look even better at a higher res. Nice one!

Back