Driving me round the bend

Name
Teresa
Edit My Images
Yes
Urrrgggg! I need a rant!! Why can't everyone work to the same standards so it wouldn't be a problem for me to marry up a 12 x 18 print with a ready made frame and I don't even mind cutting my own mount? :(

welcome to the world of different frame sizes and print sizes!

You could always work with off the shelf frames and get mats cut... A2 frame with oversize mount?

The sizes round their vary due to historical reasons

America historical size - 11"x14"
UK 12"x15" (as the ratio matches 10x8)
Europe 12x16 (as the ratio matches 6x8) - actually its 30cmx40cm

And of course 12x18 matches most DSLR cameras...

Generally I get my frames made to order for each print and it works out as cheap as buying off the shelf frames and the quality is much superior. I have found Hobbycraft have a good selection but they aren't cheap.

Andy

welcome to the world of different frame sizes and print sizes!

You could always work with off the shelf frames and get mats cut... A2 frame with oversize mount?
But A2 isn't 3:2 ratio, so you don't get a nice even border.

I'm just about to mount soeme 18x12's (largest you can go with DSCL without going stupid prices) and cheapest I've found so far is EzeFrame which is about £22 for a frame with mount in their cheapest wood frame.

Anyone know of anywhere cheaper for 22"x16" frames with mount?

Thanks for the comments guys. I finally found a printer by sheer chance who has been a real star. I have ended up with some brilliant silver halide prints.... done on the day and custom sized to match the mounts that came in the frames.

Back