'Driving Spirit' Nice metal inside :)

OK.. what's a rig?
I'm assuming the camera is suspended from the car on a rig but it looks like it would have to be huge?

Bloody awesome set of images there matey.

Awesome sets!!! :D

How do you rate the cars? I have the 111R and I love it, I suspect it does not live up to the power of the others. They all look awesome.

Fancy coming to shoot mine? :D

Gary.

Hi Gary,

I have to say I didn't get on with the 111R. The road handling is outstanding and I love how communicative it was however, if I wanted a car with such compromises it would have to be a lot faster and louder!! I reckon an Exige would be much more up my alley.

Quick rundown then:

AM V8 Vantage: Gorgeous, sounds amazing (with fuse 22 pulled), nice interior, the handling was great and because of the way the structure is made (similar to an elise) it felt great, it's a geniune everyday car but I'd want a little more performance. Certainly wouldn't say no to a second hand car at £45k!

Porsche 1989 911: I hate 911's, had the displeasure of having a 997 turbo cab for a day or two last year and I didn't 'get it' (130k porsche 911?) however, this '89 911 was great! So retro, pretty quick, great looking and it was mighty comfortable! Cool little car

TVR Griff 500: Smelt like a canoe, couldn't figure out the heating controls for the life of me but I absolutely loved it! I only ever drove it in the wet and it only stepped out of line once, you just had to tread carefully. Great V8 noise and a pretty rare sight, well worth a go in one if you can see past the ever so slightly dated looks.

Ferrari 328 GTS: Absolutely horrible. Sounds like a bag of nails, looks horrid and if you're over 5ft tall then good luck fitting in it. Awful, awful, awful car. If you dream of owning one of these then leave it at that; a dream, or else you will be very gutted!!

Ferrari F355: Wow. This was the second 'rari that I had driven (prev being an F430 Spyder) and I absolutely loved it! This particular car had straight through pipes and it was LOUD! Driving position was akward at first but not really cramped, probably wasn;t helped by the oversize airbag steering wheel. I was expecting it to not handle very well but to be honest, it handled brilliantly, it must have been light years ahead back in the nineties. Drove lovely, sounded lovely, looked gorgeous and it's on my shopping list now!

Ferrari 360: Having now driven the 430 & 355 I was expecting something in the middle of the two, obviously. As a driving machine, it met the expectations but it just didn't feel special at all and the build quality was questionable, as are the looks. Also doesn't sound that great until your past 7k rpm. Bit of a let down but still a very nice car.

As for coming and shooting your 111R, if we can head over to the west highlands then I might just take you up on that offer!

Back