drone flight

Not even sure the height is ok unless it's a long focal length. I passed my PFCO a couple of years ago but haven't flown for almost a year now, the contradictory legislation killed my enthusiasm for it. I did read drones such as the Mavic Pro won't need a PFCO soon and the legislation is being tidied up to avoid confusion, we'll see.

I actually doesn't fly over people , the camera is set at about 45 degrees and nobody has bothered me. its at 20- 30 m during the flight. and there are not many people about, so it being flown safely

Last edited:
To comply with the regs,

You must keep the drone in sight at all times
You must not fly within 150m of a built up area
You must not fly within 50m of people, vehicles or structures

To comply with the regs,
It's unfortunate that some people think safety regulations are just there to stop them having fun. One of my relatives who's a traffic officer has a default answer for idiots on the road who say things like "why don't you get on and catch real criminals?": "Well, sir, I just have".

:tumbleweed:

Reactions: RIR
there where very few people about , and I did not over fly any public , or buildings , so I did follow the code. it is a class d area so its a fly with caution . I dad full communications all the time with the drone. and plenty of battery power . so the drone was no going to do anything but fly.

Last edited:
there where very few people about , and I did not over fly any public , or buildings , so I did follow the code. it is a class d area so its a fly with caution . I dad full communications all the time with the drone. and plenty of battery power . so the drone was no going to do anything but fly.

I don't think it is possible to keep a Mavic "within line of site"when it's over 500m away and it's only 20-30m above the ground
You flew within a built up area
You flew directly over houses and within 50m of other buildings (as you mentioned above) at 20-30m high

At the end of the day it's up to you whether you break the rules but you might be better of not posting evidence of it on a public forum.

Last edited:
Basically you've posted evidence that could get you in trouble.

As a learning drone pilot I wouldn't have even attempted this flight.

The biggest problem with drone use is the drone pilots who have passed their tests and somehow make it their mission in life to tell everyone the rules, if you take the rules as the are currently, there are very few areas you can legally fly. I would rather have dog licences be brought in than drone rules, let’s face it more people are killed and injured by dogs. How about drills or screwdrivers? 200,000 people a year injured through diy costing the NHS over 200 million quid, how many deaths and injuries have drones caused?

Last edited:
if the rules were followed to the letter you couldn't even fly in the country , there are structures called walls and old ruined cottages and you have to be 40m from them :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I have passed the caa test and registered.

The rules are there for a reason, and that is the people who made them up have no idea what they are doing, they think this stuff is new and dangerous, we were flying FPV stuff for miles many years ago, tracking antennas, TX that was so strong would make your filling vibrate :) and all sorts, it was much more dangerous then.

And let’s all be clear, if someone wanted to do something illegal, then they are not going to used a registered drone, I could build a long range untraceable drone in a day no problem, want one that sits there for a couple of weeks then takes off to a pre determined destination, such as a runway, no gps, no controller, etc, that’s simple enough, Facts are the media came up with a load of rubbish and it went from there.

Back