Dropped a lens! Not too bad though

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Just dropped my new sigma 24-70 2.8... it's busted and won't focus anymore, so it's broken :p

Luckily I'd added all my camera gear onto my home insurance policy a few weeks ago, so it's covered (still gonna cost me £100, but better than £300 ish)

big (y) to More than, who processed the claim in about 10 minutes, and I'll be issued with Jessops vouchers so I can get a new one.

Moral of the story... Have insurance, it's worth it.

ouch, that's not good, even if it is covered, the hassle of getting it sorted now and the cost :(

I insured my camera via photoguard and whilst I am unable to comment on how they would deal with a claim, setting the policy up was simple and I thought the premiums were very reasonable when compared to others.

I insured my camera via photoguard and whilst I am unable to comment on how they would deal with a claim, setting the policy up was simple and I thought the premiums were very reasonable when compared to others.

Just wait till you try adding a lens to your insurance, i paid £5 first time then £25 second time iirc :/

Not nice, hope you get the new one asap m8, got my new 82mm UV Filter today as promised free with my 24-70mm Siggy (y) also got my new T.P Pro Strap today aswell :woot:

Glad it's all getting sorted Matty - that's too nice a lens to go dropping though!

Back