Beginner Drumpellier Park, near Glasgow

Edit My Images
Yes
So, I’ve just received my first proper(ish!) camera as a birthday gift. I’ve always enjoyed taking photos, and want to learn how to do it properly. Anyway, I took it to a local park last night and took about 100 shots! Here are some of my favourites. All have been processed in Lightroom CC. Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.

24zyouq.jpg

287kv2f.jpg

axz9km.jpg

315jpfr.jpg

I like the last one the most - it's the most natural of the 4 :).First one would look better with a little less saturation / more natural sky

For me, the third is best with nice composition and the mono/split toning simplifying the image.

As Gil says, the first is over-saturated and both first & last need levelling, but none of the others have the same satisfying composition.

As Gil says, the first is over-saturated and both first & last need levelling, but none of the others have the same satisfying composition.

When you say ‘levelling’, do you just mean I need to straighten it a bit, or something else?

Thanks,

George

The first horizon is way off.

I can't see much wrong with the horizon in the last image so I'd say the levels need adjusting in PS / LR (adding brightness & contrast)

Back