Drunken Penguins - Band shoot

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Another first for me - being asked to shoot a local Band on a gig, shot about 200 and these are just a taster, 103 made it onto their DVD which is a good hit rate for this sort of thing I think/hope :shrug:

As they were into arty shots, I used rear curtain flash quite a bit and shot at a heady 200 ISO; without flash, even the 20mm f1.8 and 400 ISO wasn't getting me anywhere and being an 'old' Nikon, my D2Xs is crap above even 200 IMO - Grrrrrr

Anyway, a young Band, all 16 yr olds, who make a great sound and have just got their first manager - so you might just remember where you saw them first !!! :LOL:

#1 - Lead singer

DP_3.jpg

#2 - Frenetic drummer

DP_2.jpg

#3 - Bass & singer, coughing in the over-enthusiastic amount of smoke added to the stage

DP_1.jpg

TFL

(y)

DD

Where's the white background? :D

I think the shot of the drummer would work better with some blur on the cymbals, the kits seems too static compared to him IYSWIM.

Well OBVIOUSLY I took the white background with me m8, but the revellers kept failing over the lights & wire so I had to shoot it the 'crap' way without :(

And yep - IDSWYM :D

I'm sure I have a load of much closer shots (this was the 20mm) that show more movement :) I found that about 1/30 sec and 100-150mm was about right (handheld of course, damn revellers would've fallen over the tripod too just to annoy me :bang:)

DD

nice set mate..

no 1 would be the pick of the bunch for me..

md(y)

right'o youve been out now back into the studio...:LOL:

Back