Druridge Bay

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
Feeling guilty as I really haven't been working as hard as I should on my photography just recently.

I took these a few weeks ago on a visit to the NE with family.

The light was fantastic but difficult to do it justice.

DruridgeBayb1000across.jpg

DruridgeBaya800across.jpg

DruridgeBayc800across.jpg

Feel free to give pointers for improvement.

Ta

Andrea

First class pictures, outstanding quality.:clap: :clap:

Really glad to see this posted, I'm often up at Druridge you have brought a different dimension to a scene i see regularly.

No 1 works well as you have used some natural leads-in, giving depth and perspective although your horizons need sorting.

2 & 3 don't work so well as you have too many strong horizontals resulting in a barrier to entering the composition.

Additionally in 2 I'm struggling for a point of reference to hold my attention, every image needs a hook, but this doesn't have one?

I really like the last image, well framed, did you use a filter?.

Thanks for all the feedback. All greatfully received.

Cuddy - you are very lucky living in such a beautiful area. I don't get to visit anywhere near as often as I would like.

Chewy & Les - you would think by now and the number of times people have commented I would have learnt to check my horizons but I forget everytime.

Rocket - No I didn't use a filter on any of these. They were all taken around midday, I just happened to turn around and saw how the light was reflecting off the water and the unusual colours in the sky and had to try to capture it.

Love all three of them(y). If I am not wrong the concrete blocks in the first image are protected monuments.
For those that might be wondering what they are they were placed at various points on the Northumberland coast to hinder an expected German invasion during the second world war.
Only 20 minutes from where I live, might have a pop down sometime.

Back