DSE Swimming Championships

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I have to take my hat off to these people who were swimming either blind or with limbs missing etc.

All shot @ iso 1600 in very uncomfortable humidity.....

DSE-10.jpg

DSE-7.jpg

DSE-1.jpg

DSE-4.jpg

DSE-2.jpg

DSE-9.jpg

DSE-6.jpg

DSE-3.jpg

DSE-5.jpg

DSE-8.jpg

TFL Ian.

Admirable indeed! (y)

Some cracking sports portraits there, really well done imo.
Hard to choose a fave...I like the 1st shot because I like the way that the torso pulls me into the shot.
I also like last but one, love his gasp for breath, the arm coming over, the fall of the water everything!

Smashing images, especially at 1600(y)

excellent set of pics
can't fault them
and, as you say, hats off to the swimmers!

All fantastic shots :clap:

No1 is my fav (y) for the same reason as InaGlo.

Excellent set of pictures, congrats to both you and the athletes

great shots, that really has to be difficult to capture well and you've done it (y)

great shots, that really has to be difficult to capture well and you've done it (y)

I had a media pass so I was pretty much close to the action.

Cheers all for the comments (y)

Excellent photos P-E, wonderful sports portraits indeed. So, can I ask please - how does one go about obtaining a media pass for such events? Is it a case of simply asking the organisers?

Excellent photos P-E, wonderful sports portraits indeed. So, can I ask please - how does one go about obtaining a media pass for such events? Is it a case of simply asking the organisers?

I just emailed the organisers who were happy for me to come along and made me feel very welcome :).

I just emailed the organisers who were happy for me to come along and made me feel very welcome :).
That's awesome... and did you make any sales doing this...? How did you promote the photographs to the swimmers and their families..?

Thanks for the info Ian, much appreciated.

I see a chap with a Welsh cap on - were these taken locally to me then...:)

That's awesome... and did you make any sales doing this...? How did you promote the photographs to the swimmers and their families..?

Thanks for the info Ian, much appreciated.

I see a chap with a Welsh cap on - were these taken locally to me then...:)

I told the organisers they were for a personal portfolio so no sales although I was asked several times for a contact card......also the event had two other togs who were shooting/printing for the swimmers and their families.

The event was held in Sheffield but had swimmers from all over the UK plus Italy, Spain and S.Africa etc.

Top notch set. Really capture the action. (y)

lovely set and great portraits, wouldn't have known they had disabilities had it not been for your saying so... top stuff (y)

nice shots Ian, really impressed by the low noise. What lens and settings did use use? if I may ask.....Ian

Thanks again all (y)

nice shots Ian, really impressed by the low noise. What lens and settings did use use? if I may ask.....Ian

I went with a 70-200mm IS 2.8 & 300mm IS 2.8.....I couldn't get the shutter speeds I wanted so decided to shoot most of the day with the 300 @ 2.8 and concentrate on close ups.

Really cool crisp clear captures. I've always wanted to have a go at shots like this. When my son was having lessons I sat in the gallery and thought about putting my camera on my monopod and holding above him as he swam. Would have been a tricky shot but I would have liked to have given it a go but never got the bottle to ask as there were other kids about.

How did I miss these!

Excellent! Framing works well too.

:eek:

what took me sooooo long to look at these....

ian these are top notch shots mate ..

very very well done imho

dave(y)

I did see these earlier but forgot to post my congrats on an excellent set of images. (y)

Thanks again :)

A bit of advise for anyone thinking of having a go at this.....do don't what I did and go in a thick sweatshirt! :bonk: The humidity is very uncomfortable.

Back