DTM @ Brands Hatch swimming centre for the photographically insane.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Well im sure not many of you noticed. But the DTM were at Brands this weekend.

In short, it was wet. I nearly drowned several times. I should of left the camera and taken the snorkel.

Anyway, nothing too original over the weekend, bit of a struggle really. But here are a few i would appreciate your thoughts and C+C on.

1. Not original, but still quite like it.

DTMBrandsHatch2011-0169-L.jpg

2. A replica of my favourite shot from last year. Less of a crowd though.

DTMBrandsHatch2011-2199-L.jpg

3. Bit of a wide pan - spent far too long shooting these shots! really not sure they work.

DTMBrandsHatch2011-1956-L.jpg

4. Probably my fav from the weekend.

DTMBrandsHatch2011-0755-L.jpg

5. Coulthard being Coulthard

DTMBrandsHatch2011-1829-L.jpg

6. Marmite

DTMBrandsHatch2011-2537-L.jpg

7. More Marmite

DTMBrandsHatch2011-2422-L.jpg

8. Paffett creaping up on...well nobody really.

DTMBrandsHatch2011-2363-L.jpg

9. End of the race, was hoping this shot would look cooler than it does.

DTMBrandsHatch2011-2657-L.jpg

10. One from Sat - incase you cant tell.

DTMBrandsHatch2011-0444-L.jpg

11. I felt the portrait crop really added something to this shot.

DTMBrandsHatch2011-1574-L.jpg

That is all. Thanks for looking in!

#4 is superb - love that shot :)

All of them are good shots, but #1,#2,#7 and #10 appeal the most to me. I prefer the colours in the more marmite #7 to those in #6.

John

#4 is a belter mate. Doubt you'll see a better shot than that from the weekend.

I really like #6 too. I did wonder where you'd gone!

There's something about #11, it's on the tip of my tongue but I can't really work out what it is I like?

#4 for me too, but would be pleased with all of them if it was me. Must try something like this on a future visit !

Nick that #4 is THE best dtm shot I have ever seen. F'ing draw dropping awesome!!!!

And mega lols at #11.

4 and 9 my faves. Excellent stuff. 2 also really nice, I tried that at BTCC last year and couldn't quite get it right, needs a really slow shutter speed.

3 is a funny one. I do really like the angle when it goes right (I prefer car lower in frame then blue sky helps (which you didn't have!)). It's hard to nail because the car is close and not a straight side on shot. I think the car is a bit to blurred here (may just be me). If I pan any more than 20 shots there I quickly start getting dizzy :puke::LOL:

11 :LOL:

2 and 4 are both stonkers, marmite 6&7 kind of grows on me too.

(y)

:LOL::LOL: @ 11...
Got to say I absolutely love marmite...(y) but your favourite from last year yet again tops my list....:) just love that shot....
Clive.

#2 and #4 are cracking pics and thats from someone who hates cars as i work on them all week :D

Intresting looking at the exif that you use the 70-200 f2.8 with the 1.4tc

You did it once again: I feel soooooo jealous :bonk:.

If panning is an art than you're certainly one of its masters (y).

#2 and #4 are my favs but the set is inspiring.

Cheers.

Bored of sparks?! Meh! Heathen! :D

#4 is superb - love that shot :)

All of them are good shots, but #1,#2,#7 and #10 appeal the most to me. I prefer the colours in the more marmite #7 to those in #6.

John

Thanks John

#4 is a belter mate. Doubt you'll see a better shot than that from the weekend.

I really like #6 too. I did wonder where you'd gone!

There's something about #11, it's on the tip of my tongue but I can't really work out what it is I like?

Cheers mate, Yes i got distracted, as i often do.

#4 for me too, but would be pleased with all of them if it was me. Must try something like this on a future visit !

Thanks Neil, I look forward to seeing your results!

Nick that #4 is THE best dtm shot I have ever seen. F'ing draw dropping awesome!!!!

And mega lols at #11.

Thanks mate, thats quite a complement lol

4 and 9 my faves. Excellent stuff. 2 also really nice, I tried that at BTCC last year and couldn't quite get it right, needs a really slow shutter speed.

3 is a funny one. I do really like the angle when it goes right (I prefer car lower in frame then blue sky helps (which you didn't have!)). It's hard to nail because the car is close and not a straight side on shot. I think the car is a bit to blurred here (may just be me). If I pan any more than 20 shots there I quickly start getting dizzy :puke::LOL:

11 :LOL:

Your not wrong about 3, the cars are so fast at DTM that i looked like i was having a fit trying to move the camera fast enough.

2 and 4 are both stonkers, marmite 6&7 kind of grows on me too.

Ta (y)

:LOL: @ 11...
Got to say I absolutely love marmite...(y) but your favourite from last year yet again tops my list....:) just love that shot....
Clive.

Glad you like the marmite, i have to say im not certain about it myself!

#2 and #4 are cracking pics and thats from someone who hates cars as i work on them all week :D

Intresting looking at the exif that you use the 70-200 f2.8 with the 1.4tc

Yup, thats pretty much what i use for everything. It doesn't hamper me too much ;)

You did it once again: I feel soooooo jealous :bonk:.

If panning is an art than you're certainly one of its masters (y).

#2 and #4 are my favs but the set is inspiring.

Cheers.

Thanks, very kind comments!

Top stuff. 2,4,6,7 and 8 are awesome.

Thanks, 4 is looking like the stand out favourite!

Awesome shots, #4 is my favourite. #2 & #3 also very good.

Cheers, glad someone likes 3, its grown on me the last week.

I think you're far too critical of your work [like myself]. I love the angles you shoot at here, and the merging of many different foregrounds and backgrounds etc. Everything just works and takes the main focus off the main subject giving the rest of the frame some attention which often is ignored in such a genre of photography. The whole image should be viewed not just the main subject.

loving the shots...... i was also there in the rain for some photographic action under umbrellas, carrier bags covers, will get a few of my snaps of the day up aswell in seperate thread shortly

Absolutely love the marmite shots....haven't really seen anything like that before

Cant fault a single shot there! Love the marmite ones too.

Wow this one has been dredged up from the past!

I think you're far too critical of your work [like myself]. I love the angles you shoot at here, and the merging of many different foregrounds and backgrounds etc. Everything just works and takes the main focus off the main subject giving the rest of the frame some attention which often is ignored in such a genre of photography. The whole image should be viewed not just the main subject.

A belated thankyou :)

Sweet set of photos mate! :LOL: @ 11

number 4 is another league, superb photo! See you at the weekend

THankyou mate, I will catch you on the 27th March i trust.

loving the shots...... i was also there in the rain for some photographic action under umbrellas, carrier bags covers, will get a few of my snaps of the day up aswell in seperate thread shortly

Thanks, make sure you post them up. Its always nice to see others views on the event. Hopefully this years event and new cars will be just as photogenic!

Absolutely love the marmite shots....haven't really seen anything like that before

Cheers, Shots that haven't been seen before are what i aim for! So i'm glad to hear that.

Cant fault a single shot there! Love the marmite ones too.

Thankyou :)

2 and 4 are great, prefer them in that order
Also really like 7 fantastic set though

Thanks Chris, glad you like them!

Superb - all of them. Really well done. 1, 2 and 4 for me - 4 is my fave!

Thanks Dave!

I absolutely love #4, it's a great pic.

Thanks, I was fortunate enough to win a small competition between MSVR's accredited media with that shot, so I'm pleased i went to the trouble of taking it!

Back