Duck ID Please - Ringed Teal

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry Rubbish picture - forgot to change the shutter speed :bang:
Taken in the local park - could be a domesticated duck.

DSC_6444a800.jpg

DSC_6443a800.jpg

Thanks Stuart

Last edited:
looks like a ruddy duck :LOL: male by the way(y)

Last edited:
Looks like a hybrid of some sort and if nit is it could have 3 or 4 donors to get to what it is now.
We have quite a few at the local pond.

breeds locally originally escaped from captivity according to my book(y)

Yes. I would say thats the case here as well, we also have domestic geese that have escaped from somewhere and mated with the canada geese and created some odd balls.

looks like a ruddy duck :LOL: male by the way(y)
(y) Thanks for the ID - in my ID book the ruddy duck has an all orange front, sides and back. The one with the orange spotty front is the Wood Duck but everthing else is wrong.

Continued...
They look rather noisy or is it just me.
no it a d300 :LOL:
iso 3200 wtf:eek:
Like, he said - he forgot to change the settings. :)
he said he forgot to change the shutter speed :shrug:
I had just finished taking the Herons in flight and the Shutter was at 1/500s with Auto ISO set to 3200maxwhen I spotted the duck.
The Herons are at the end of this thread and I would be interested to know if I am getting there...
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=188368

Continued...
Looks like a hybrid of some sort and if nit is it could have 3 or 4 donors to get to what it is now.
We have quite a few at the local pond.
Yes. I would say thats the case here as well, we also have domestic geese that have escaped from somewhere and mated with the canada geese and created some odd balls.
This is a possibility ... they also have Muscovy Ducks which I think originally escaped from captivity and are now establishing themselves.

(y) Thanks for all the comments.

Last edited:
Back