Dungeness in the fog

Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys

I made a trip down to Dungeness yesterday morning and arrived in think fog! Sill, I didn’t want to wate the trip so here’s some of the work I did.

Hope you like them
Debs

9158_18453555844a7debf062450.jpg

9158_852571744a7e6f551bfd1.jpg

9158_4225036324a7e6f58f4024.jpg

I like the first one best.Reminds me of a pencil/charcoal sketch.Very good

#1 looks too overexposed to me... so not a fan. #3 is very simple and clean, I really like it.

I'd be tempted to lower the contrast. Looks like you've upped it to try and minimise the effect of the fog. I say go with it, get some flat-ish images with subtle shapes just about visable through the haze

Like the feeling of these shots, goes to show that there is always a photograph waiting to be taken.

No.1 is great. On No.2 I would have cropped out the boat.

Hi Debbie

I like the graphical effect you were aiming for with these images. Not something I am good at so when I see them I really am interested in seeing what works.

#1 has too much white space at the top so as an image it is not so strong. I like white space but in this case I don't think it contributes enough to the image to be included.

#2 has an oil tank protruding in from the left which distracts too much and disturbs the nice lead-in formed by the other objects.

#3 Spot on. Nice composition with every line adding to the image. You could argue there are other angles you could have taken but that would be churlish - this image works!

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your comments guys.

To be honest, having spent 6 hours driving and a round trip of just over 400 miles to get the shot I kind of felt I had to get more than just the out if it!

Number 3 is without question a shot that I am very proud of. Simple, clean and moody. 1 and 2 I agree that while they are not bad, they could be so much better.

I will be going back down in a few weeks time and re-shooting this location, I fell in love with it the moment I saw the place and there is just so much potential there. But I want to have a go when there is a much stronger light to work with. I really can not ever recall experiencing light like this before. It was completely flat and felt like being inside some sort of ball. The light was the same in every direction but at the same time quite bright! Not really any good for photography but nice once I packed all my kit away to sit on the beach for an hour and just think of all the lives that have come and gone through the years in the place.

Out of interest, I found this photograph on the web this morning. A photograph of RX131 in its glory days. Photography building links across time!

5831.jpg

If there is anyone in the Nottingham area wants to tag along next time just PM me. Petrol is on me (joys of a company car :D)

Debs

Last edited:
Hi Debs

I'd like to take you up on your offer. I don't do landscapes or seascapes but I'm going on the Dungeness meet in September and I'm hoping people will be able to help me/ give me some tips.

I know the Dungeness area quite well as I used to live not far from Dungeness when I was younger. I'm in Notts now.

Lisa xx

Hi Debs

I'd like to take you up on your offer. I don't do landscapes or seascapes but I'm going on the Dungeness meet in September and I'm hoping people will be able to help me/ give me some tips.

I know the Dungeness area quite well as I used to live not far from Dungeness when I was younger. I'm in Notts now.

Lisa xx

Hi Lisa

I'll PM you :)

Back