Dungeness Star Trails

Defiance

Green and Hairy
Edit My Images
Yes
While at Dungeness at the weekend, Woodsy, Ghandhi, YV and Stan took em with them for my first go at star trails. After much fun and games with the camera (and lots of help from the guys), I managed to get a shot done. It didn't come out perfectly (see bottom right corner and also hence crop), but i'm pleased with it. I've posted a colour and b&w version and am keen to know which people prefer. Any C&C, hints and tips would also be gratefully received.

1. Colour

Dungeness7.jpg

2. Black & White

Dungeness12.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

With all these great star trail shots from you, Nigel, Yvonne etc. I'm beginning to wish I had got off my lazy ar*e and come with you guys, instead of sitting back at the cars drinking tea, with Andy and Brian.

Mind you, the tea was good :shrug:

Thanks guys :) The WB was already very low so not able to move it very far unfortunately, however I have moved it as far as it goes and it's definitely an improvement although it does turn the star trails a little blue. Thanks for the tip Adam (y)

Dungeness14.jpg

Really liking the colour version! Looks sweet! Did you try and do one with the whole boat in? Just feels like the boat got cut off to me somehow, but still a lovely photo!!

I like the new edit :)

Glad to see you got it nailed in the end Rob

Thanks Spencer :)

Really liking the colour version! Looks sweet! Did you try and do one with the whole boat in? Just feels like the boat got cut off to me somehow, but still a lovely photo!!

Thanks :) The full shot did have the whole boat in, but I messed the composition up a little (as this was set up and shot in pitch black darkness) and therefore it needed to be cropped. Was a bit gutted as the boat had come out really well and the trails above it looked awesome.

I like the new edit :)

Thanks LL :)

Back