Dunnock with a bad leg.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
By no means the sharpest shot I have ever taken but noticed this Dunnock had a damaged leg when I saw it on the monitor..:(

dunnock-badleg.jpg

This Greenfinch was doing a balancing act with some extra food on its beak..:clap:

greenfinch=1.jpg

And my old mate the Guinea Fowl was looking round for scraps again..:bat:

g-fowl.jpg

Nice sharp shots Tim! The Dunnock looks like it broke a leg and that's how it's set? Lucky to survive I'd think.

That Guinea Foul is... one... ugly lookin' bird! Hehe.

The chaffinch shot is great, good focus and the colours and pose are awesome. I'd like the Guinea Foul one more if he was prettier, hehe ;o)

not bad shots them... poor dunockie...

Great photos.

I don't suppose you have a photo with the whole of the Guniea Fowl in it.

My family have been laughing at me all week as I said I saw a bird on my way home at the side of the road that I couldn't work out what it was. A bit bigger than a pheasant but Black with white speckles on its feathers.

I am wondering if this is what it was and would be great to be able to prove it with a photo.

They are all making fun of me to the point where my dad said he saw a big pink bird with long legs next to the road the other day. They all think it was a pheasant that I saw but I know it wasn't.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Andrea

That poor bird is dun knocking (dunnock) it about but he aint Dun Roamin :LOL:

Great photos.

I don't suppose you have a photo with the whole of the Guniea Fowl in it.

My family have been laughing at me all week as I said I saw a bird on my way home at the side of the road that I couldn't work out what it was. A bit bigger than a pheasant but Black with white speckles on its feathers.

I am wondering if this is what it was and would be great to be able to prove it with a photo.

They are all making fun of me to the point where my dad said he saw a big pink bird with long legs next to the road the other day. They all think it was a pheasant that I saw but I know it wasn't.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Andrea

I'm sure Tim has posted full sized pics before and will oblige when he sees this.:)

It's quite common for pheasant shooting syndicates and gamekeepers to raise a few Guinea Fowl along with the young pheasant poults - just half a dozen or less as they make one hell of a din if there's a fox or other predator aboiut - rather like geese in that respect.... excellent watch dogs.

Thanks CT.

It will be nice to show a photo with a smug look on my face to prove I am not losing the plot.

Andrea

Here you go Andrea, Only too pleased to oblige..:)

1.jpg

2.jpg

g-fowl=1.jpg

g-fowl.JPG

guinea-fowl.jpg

Thanks Tim

That's definitely the bird I saw but I can honestly say I've never seen one just out in the wild before.

My dad was dissapointed when he found out what it was, he agreed with CT that they are quite common, which begs the question why didn't he know what I was talking about the other day.

Ah well.

Andrea

Back