Dunnock

Edit My Images
Yes
I realised I hadn't posted up any of these cute little guys:

dunnock.jpg

Good spot/seed deposit.
Shot's a good one

Not as good as your other ones mate, not bad by any means, I just prefer your others.
Focus seems a little to the back of the bird & its a bit more noisy - you've set your bar a bit high after that 1st post methinks :LOL:
Copyright looks spot on & unobtrusive btw (y)

I think I prefer the others too. This was mostly just to practice using the Unsharp Mask tool and watermarking.

Thanks for the replies :)

Nice one, although like many, not that keen on the watermark...but it does its job i suppose.
Not a member of the Sparrow family, but from the more exotic Accentor family.
cheers,
Andy

I have to agree with Moomike, and it's your own fault - you set the standard with those last shots, so that's where the bar is now for you! :D

You have to be merciless now with 'not quite' shots like this and consign them to the bin. Think about it - it's a compliment! ;)

More properly referred to as Hedge Accentors but commonly referred to as Hedge Sparrows. :)

That's wierd, as two different bird books I own say they're hedge sparrows :shrug:

It stems from ancient times when practically any small brown bird was called a Sparrow, Dunnocks got stuck with this tag.

If you look at a Dunnock compared to a genuine Sparrow, like a House Sparrow, you can see they are not related... Dunnocks are primarily insect eaters with soft pointed bills, where-as genuine Sparrows have strong conical bills for crushing seed. Dunnocks are not flock birds like Sparrows and lead more solitary lives.

cheers
Andy

Andy!! Where you bin? :shrug:

That's a very good question ;) It's been so hectic that even I don't know where I've been lately :shrug:

I'm back in the swing of photography again... just killed £3k on a 1D MkIII earlier today (who said they are hard to find? far too bloody easy if you ask my bank manager!!

cheers,
Andy

LOL. You're beyond all help mate! :LOL:

Nice though! :woot:

It stems from ancient times when practically any small brown bird was called a Sparrow, Dunnocks got stuck with this tag.

If you look at a Dunnock compared to a genuine Sparrow, like a House Sparrow, you can see they are not related... Dunnocks are primarily insect eaters with soft pointed bills, where-as genuine Sparrows have strong conical bills for crushing seed. Dunnocks are not flock birds like Sparrows and lead more solitary lives.

cheers
Andy

OK. Thanks :)

Back