Dunnocks, robin and starling

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been trying a low ISO for me of 400. I normally use ISO800 to keep the shutter speed up, as the feeding area is in constant shadow.

The noise was too much though. These all have very low shutter speeds.

All taken with the 50D and 100-400L

All at f5.6 and ISO400

The first dunnock is at 1/100s

IMG_1088_filtered.jpg

This robin is at 1/80s

IMG_1116_filtered.jpg

And the starling was at 1/60s

IMG_1242_filtered.jpg

The last dunnock was a stonking 1/50s

IMG_1272_filtered.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

For the speeds you have used these are great shots and very sharp. The noise is very acceptable, have you croped these very much?
I cant pick a favourite though, they are all good to me. :clap:

lovely shots Ant I usually keep my ISO on 400 unless its really bright many of my shots have quite low shutter speeds as I like more depth of field and find they are quite sharp as long as I am using support which I always do so it just goes to show you can get decent shots with low shutter speeds like you have got

Nice sharp pics for those speeds, I like them all, but I am partial to the dunnocks and they're my favs. All good for iso 400 though.

Thanks Effjay, yes I agree the dunnock is one of favourite birds, I'm fortunate, there's quite a few visit my garden :)

For the speeds you have used these are great shots and very sharp. The noise is very acceptable, have you croped these very much?
I cant pick a favourite though, they are all good to me. :clap:

Thanks Trev :) Yes they're about 50- 60% crop.

lovely shots Ant I usually keep my ISO on 400 unless its really bright many of my shots have quite low shutter speeds as I like more depth of field and find they are quite sharp as long as I am using support which I always do so it just goes to show you can get decent shots with low shutter speeds like you have got

Thanks Karen :) I expected the shutter speeds to drop a bit, but not as much as they did. I am quietly happy at the 50Ds ability to get wildlife shots at such low speeds. I realize it would be of little use for a BIF though :)

nice set ant, most of the stuff i shoot is at 400 just remember to fire a few shots in case they move a wee bit :)

Lovely set, particularly like the Robin (y)

A very good set from you Ant and thanks for the Robin ;)
All good shots but I think the first Dunnock stands out over the others, nicely framed as well (y)

nice set ant, most of the stuff i shoot is at 400 just remember to fire a few shots in case they move a wee bit :)

Thanks Lea :) I had noticed you stuck to 400iso, one of the reasons I tried it out :)

Lovely set, particularly like the Robin (y)

Thanks TB :)

A very good set from you Ant and thanks for the Robin ;)
All good shots but I think the first Dunnock stands out over the others, nicely framed as well (y)

Ta Rich :) thought you might like the robin ;)

Cracking Shots - great detail and colours (y)

Back