Dunnottar Castle on the inside

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Here are a few from a visit to Dunnottar Castle few years back, thought i would try a few different styles

6924062105_a7f4952732_b.jpg

6777945830_8ca7ed0e98_b.jpg

Thanks for looking, please let me know what you think?

Mike

Really like the light and composition on the 1st photo , the second picture is fine just not as interesting to me as the first

Really like the light and composition on the 1st photo , the second picture is fine just not as interesting to me as the first

Thanks for the comments, yeah #2 would look better when not side by side in a post with the impact of #1.

Trying to get into B&W processing just now and looking through old shots to find suitable images to play with, think i will have a few more posted up from around the castle soon

Hi Neighbour,

No 1 for me could do with being a little blacker ( if that makes sense) I agree No 2 isnt the most interesting of subjects but you have captured the textures of the walls & roof nicely.
You using any software?
I have just downloaded a trial of Topaz B&W Effects to try and it seems quite good to my uneducated eye and not as expensive as Silver Efex

Hi Steve, your just along at Fettercairn then?

I used Lightroon for the processing of these, like it so much i just purchased LR4 which has just realised, used CS4 for the last 3 years but i already prefer LR.

Appreciate your comments and maybe a little more black in #1 would work but i was trying to show as much detail as possible.

#2 i just love the textures and feel of the room i though i would try to process it accordinly, blast of history from lasteryear

Mike

Mike,

Yup, In Fetterie for the last couple of years.
Having now seen your website I think I 'll keep my beginners comments to myself, You obviously know what you are doing.

Although I haven't been shooting long I seem to be gravitating toward B & W so any tips gratefully received.

Steve

Back