Duran Duran - Birmingham 02/12/2011

Name
Nat
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

I've been a member on here for a while but haven't posted much so I've decided that I'm going to post more. I'm going to start here...

I got a Film Scanner for Christmas and scanned this in before...

6570099001_c34738f937_z.jpg

I took it at the Duran Duran Gig in Birmingham the other week. I developed it at home and scanned it today. Then put it though PS for some improvements.

It was taken with my Olymus OM2n with a 50mm on Ilford Delta 3200 film (hence the noise).

What do you think?

Many thanks,

Natalie

if the actual band were on it , it would be a much better shot, as it stands it could be anyone

the stage just looks far too empty

that said I love the processing etc and the look of the film

I like it, I don't care that I can't tell who is on stage, it shows the energy of the crowd.

Cheers,
Mart

I agree with Mart, has a very good 'feel' to it.

Andy

Thanks for all the crit!

The 'energy' and 'feel' is what I was hoping to express. The band were actually on stage but I was quite far away that's why you can't see them :)

Natalie

Whilst I like the shot I'd also hjave liked to have seen some of the band. A few years ago I got my 20D and 85 1.8 into the SECC in Glasgow and got a few.

Duran-Montage.jpg

SimonL_Girl_1.jpg

Band_1_BW.jpg

Thanks for all the crit!

The 'energy' and 'feel' is what I was hoping to express. The band were actually on stage but I was quite far away that's why you can't see them :)

Natalie

And that you did (y)

:thinking: Have I missed a whole year :shrug: as surely its still 2011..

As wouldnt the other week be 02/12/2011 :p

Whilst I like the shot I'd also hjave liked to have seen some of the band. A few years ago I got my 20D and 85 1.8 into the SECC in Glasgow and got a few.

we'd be impressed if you'd shot film..;)

we'd be impressed if you'd shot film..;)

Yes lol that would have been a challenge. But I was surprised how easy it was. Lighting was very bright so exposures were not too bad.

It reminds me a wee bit of Pennie Smith's iconic pic on the cover of London Calling :)

The best bit about Pennie smiths shot is that everything's wrong with it according to her, she was trying to get out of paul simenons way as he smashed his bass and consequently the pics is out of focus, I saw an interview with her and she was going to bin it but Joe strummer persuaded her that it was a keeper !
I'm gld she listened because as you said its iconic

Back