Durat M600 enlarger

Can’t help with value I’m afraid but if you’re serious about darkroom then take a look in classifieds......there’s a boat load of lab gear up for sale that may interest you[emoji6]

It's Durst Nor Durat.

The Durst M600 is a good enlarger. But you need more photos of the parts than are shown in that listing. You need to see the condition of the head, bulb holder, condenser lens, negative carrier with blades in all positions 35mm 6x6.
Otherwise you could be buying a clapped out old enlarger. Does it have a lens board (what thread)and is there a lens with it.

It's Durst Nor Durat.

The Durst M600 is a good enlarger. But you need more photos of the parts than are shown in that listing. You need to see the condition of the head, bulb holder, condenser lens, negative carrier with blades in all positions 35mm 6x6.
Otherwise you could be buying a clapped out old enlarger. Does it have a lens board (what thread)and is there a lens with it.
Bloody autocorrect :oops: :$
Good advice, hard to do over eBay. I'm only semi-serious.

Cant remember the various models but I do remember some Dursts being hard to get bulbs for, this when they were still on sale. You might want to check on that before you spend and money.

IIRC it can't do 6X7 negs if you have (or want to use) a 6X7 camera e.g. Mamiya RB67..maybe you could make your own 6X7 neg carrier if my memory is correct.

Last edited:
Bloody autocorrect :oops: :$
Good advice, hard to do over eBay. I'm only semi-serious.
Ask him for more photos. That's what I do and most of the time sellers are obliging. If not obliging I usually walk away.
Also as has been said if you are on 6x7 IIRC the M600 does not do it. The M700 was the 6x7.

Last edited:
Can the bulb be upgraded with LED?
Cant remember the various models but I do remember some Dursts being hard to get bulbs for, this when they were still on sale. You might want to check on that before you spend and money.

Can the bulb be upgraded with LED?
Looking at what I can find online it looks like the bulb may be a fairly normal household type screw fit shape, if thats correct you should be able to get away with the bulbs from a normal store if you cant get photo type bulbs on the web (they may well still be available). The enlarger originally came with a frosted glass screen for using clear glass bulbs (as I understand it) If thats the case an led conversion should be fairly simple and an easy bodge.
Some dursts used their own brand? I think halogen type bulbs that looked a lot like the ones popular in recesed ceiling lights, I know they were hard to get, we had one (cant remember the model now but it was a colour head) not only were they a nightmare to get they were "jolly" expensive then. I know we ended up having to get them from abroad somewhere eventually. Then we couldn't get them at all, so the enlarger went.

Just a general bit of advice when shopping for an enlarger: if possible, try and find one complete with plenty of negative holders in different sizes and a good heavy easel (such as a Beard). If you're not careful, you can end up spending more on these accessories than the enlarger itself.

A bit late getting back to this thread.
Top advice as usual guys. I am still looking ;)
More work is needed on how I'd black out my bathroom :ROFLMAO:

A Fujimoto C90 enlarger is top dog for up to 6x7 as it can do diffused light and condensed light. It's just finding a secondhand one for sale. They are quite rare.

For 35 mm use an EL Nikkor 63mm f2.8 for excellent results.

Back