Durdle Door

Name
Natasha Balletta
Edit My Images
No
Hi Went to Dorset for 2 days, it was my first trip there, it's a lovely place for photography and inspired me to take photos, I loved photographing at Durdle Door and enjoyed every minute especially when the sun was setting :)

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.

Last edited:
Not sure, never been there but they seem to lack a bit of punch. Are they heavy crops? They are cropped in a way that I feel I want to see more of the place...perhaps you have a wider shot? and the horizon is a bit wonky. Bit of work sure I'm sure you can get something with a bit of wow.

Not sure, never been there but they seem to lack a bit of punch. Are they heavy crops? They are cropped in a way that I feel I want to see more of the place...perhaps you have a wider shot? and the horizon is a bit wonky. Bit of work sure I'm sure you can get something with a bit of wow.

Hi Thank you for your comment and advice,I really appreciate it, haven't cropped photos, apart from contrast in Photoshop, they're straight from the camera :)

I think the drama would be in a wide shot. Would really like to visit but not had the chance. I think if you had waited until the sun had just gone down and the light pinged it would make the soft rocks sing.

Hi there,

Nice shots, but i think they could be sharper, did you use a tripod? also i think some grad filters would help to bring the exposure of the sky down a bit.

Cheers

Ewan

Hi there,

Nice shots, but i think they could be sharper, did you use a tripod? also i think some grad filters would help to bring the exposure of the sky down a bit.

Cheers

Ewan

Hi Ewan Thank you for your comment and advice on filters (to help with the exposure of the sky), I really appreciate it, because of where I was standing when I took the photos, I did them handheld :), would you reccommend grad filters for photographing sunsets? Sorry for asking a stupid question lol.

Natasha

Last edited:
Hi natasha,

I would absolutely recomend grad filters for shooting sunsets, as they will allow you to
Correctly expose the foreground without over exposing the sky.

Also for any sort of low light shooting a tripod is a definite must to make sure you allways get the sharpest images possible.

Hope this helps

Ewan

Hi Ewan Thank you for your comment and advice on filters (to help with the exposure of the sky), I really appreciate it, because of where I was standing when I took the photos, I did them handheld :), would you reccommend grad filters for photographing sunsets? Sorry for asking a stupid question lol.

Natasha

Hi natasha,

I would absolutely recomend grad filters for shooting sunsets, as they will allow you to
Correctly expose the foreground without over exposing the sky.

Also for any sort of low light shooting a tripod is a definite must to make sure you allways get the sharpest images possible.

Hope this helps

Ewan

Hi Ewan Thank you for your help and advice, I really appreciate it, going to look into getting a grad filter for photographing sunsets :)

Natasha

Hi, good captures, as said ND grads would help the sky in both shots, the first one needs the horizon straightening as that is the first thing that I noticed, if you go down again it is worth the walk down the so called steps to the beach where you can get some awesome shots. I have only been one but was pleased with my results, see avatar.(OK I did tweek it a bit in photoshop.:LOL:)

Hi, good captures, as said ND grads would help the sky in both shots, the first one needs the horizon straightening as that is the first thing that I noticed, if you go down again it is worth the walk down the so called steps to the beach where you can get some awesome shots. I have only been one but was pleased with my results, see avatar.(OK I did tweek it a bit in photoshop.:LOL:)

Hi Dave Thank you for your comment and advice, I really appreciate it, got some photos on the beach :), adding them to the thread over the next week, I like the colours in your photo, did you take the photo at sunrise or sunset? Sorry for asking a stupid question lol.

Natasha

Hi Dave Thank you for your comment and advice, I really appreciate it, got some photos on the beach :), adding them to the thread over the next week, I like the colours in your photo, did you take the photo at sunrise or sunset? Sorry for asking a stupid question lol.

Natasha

it was sunset, as I said I have tweeked it quite a lot.

Back