Durdles door

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm going back down to Weymouth in September like every year for what feels like forever and this time would love to get some shots of Durdles door past Lulworth cove. Been loads of times but always park in the main car park which closes early and miss out on the golden hour of evening when less busy. Does any body know where I can park legally after hours within easy access of this popular landmark. Really don't want to upset anybody local as the cove and surrounding area is beautiful. Thanks for any help

Sorry for some reason this has come up with North England. Actually south England in Dorset - Sorry!!

Hi Paul I would contact the caravan park and ask them if you can park in there entrance car park. Dont forget Mupe Bay while your down that way :)

There is a little lay-by near the turn to the camp. Many people including me use it. Its about 20min walk down, but it's free and nobody will close the gate on you, etc.

If anything I would most certainly NOT contact the park as all you will hear will be NO and threats.

There is a car park on the other side of the caravan park, you just drive through the caravan park to access it. Last time I was there it was quite late before I left, not sure of the exact time but it was dark.

thanks for info guys, looking forward to going down. Never thought about mupe bay before.

There is a car park on the other side of the caravan park, you just drive through the caravan park to access it. Last time I was there it was quite late before I left, not sure of the exact time but it was dark.

Yeah I used that car park in may the pay machine takes payment upto 10.00pm more than later enough for September

Back