Durness beaches

Name
Kit
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to grab a day away in Durness monday. The beaches are amazing!!
Here are a few I have just processed.
All feedback most welcome. Tried to make the B&W ones dark and dramatic, too much?

3768849614_4ca1e8a195_o.jpg

3768849890_90837d8c05_o.jpg

3768049507_055d6b7551_o.jpg

3768049343_1f86fdb2bd_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.

#2 and 4# for me. Send out the search parties they haven't come back yet :D :clap:

#4 for me, very nice indeed.
I agree with jaffster that b&w doesnt suit a beach scene

prefer no 4 but think you could bring those colours a tad more.

#4 for me - not keen on the black & white, it's a beach and should be colorfull! It works for #2 perhaps, but the others not. That's my opinion, anyhow.

Thanks I'll post some colour versions when back from work tomorrow.

Here are some colour versions plus a bonus sunset.

3773358992_d0f3bab0a2_o.jpg

3773359472_58db8ccf7f_o.jpg

3773358522_ba05516577_o.jpg

3772575293_42df120f7f_o.jpg

For what it's worth I prefer the b&w still but mybe it's just a faze.

Cheers.

#4 is lovely but I love the sense of scale in the first

I love the first two especially the second, it really works but could do with some anti-clockwise rotation.

I actually prefer all of the B & W shots, I think their simple composition really works. Nice one

Great composition in these. The beaches around Durness are some of my favorite spots in Scotland.

I love the scale in #1- the people dwarfed by the huge landscape.
#2 is something special because of the footprints leading you off in to the distance over the featureless sand. I wonder if it would worrk better panned right a bit so the footprints lead to a more central point. It would also detract from the overexposed area over the cliff

Nice work.

Great composition in these. The beaches around Durness are some of my favorite spots in Scotland.

I love the scale in #1- the people dwarfed by the huge landscape.
#2 is something special because of the footprints leading you off in to the distance over the featureless sand. I wonder if it would worrk better panned right a bit so the footprints lead to a more central point. It would also detract from the overexposed area over the cliff

Nice work.

Thanks for the feedback, I think your right about the overexposed area above the cliff I'm kicking myself for taking another exposure.

#4 is lovely but I love the sense of scale in the first

Thank you.
I have just had a 18x12 print of no.1 in the post this morning and have to say I am pretty pleased with how it looks.(y)

Lovely series. Well composed and I don't think the contrast is overdone. (y)
I have to agree, the beaches along that stretch of coast are superb. In fact, that coastline all the way down to Skye is second to none that I have seen. Like you, I'm near enough to visit fairly regularly. :)

Back