Durness for a week

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys

I am off for a week to Durness on the North west coast of Scotland. I am loading my A-Team van (what you talking about fool!) with family, bikes, body boards, tandem paramotor, and other devices to stimulate, terrorize and frighten the locals with.

In celebration of the trip I have just purchased another bit of glass. An EF 28-80mm 2.8L which is second hand and cost me 545 earth pounds. No ND filters to fit though and no stock to be found anywhere in Inverness :crying:

I hope to reguile you with tales and have some images to share on my return but until then please continue your good work. If I can get an internet connection I may look in but most likely will see you in about 10 days time. :wave: :wave:

Have fun matey!

Won't that heavy 'L' glass weigh you down when flying? You'd better send it to me for safe keeping....
;)

Internet?, INTERNET?, in DURNESS!!!! Good god man, the sheep only found about their rights a couple of weeks ago ;)

Disclaimer for any sheep reading this: Just kidding, you haven't been granted rights after all

Aaaargh! my favourite place in all the world!

Post lots of aerial shots m8, I'm hoping to spend a few days camping around there in September.

As doddy says, you'll be lucky, i went near Lochinver a few weeks back with my 3g and wireless card, i knew wouldn't get 3g, but couldn't get even one bar of signal on vodafone, o2 or t-mobile for GPRS. Wireless, phh, didn't even plug it in. Couldn't see a single house from my caravan, so little chance of picking up a hotspot.

My friend in Kylesku, only gets 33k on his landline!

Having said that, you're in MoD country up there, so you might be lucky... but watch you don't get shot at.

nice, just had to look where it was on a map!

The furthest north I've been is the butt of Lewis or ullapoolish on the mainland, as for mobile coverage, that's the best bit about it. Completely incomunicado!

Hope you have lots of fun :)

Back