Dusk at Harlyn Sands, Cornwall

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
This was shot across the beach which is over the road from the holiday cottage we stay in just outside of Padstow, North Cornwall.

I was loosing light by the bucket load, so this was quite pleasing to see once I'd played around with it in RAWShooter and CS2.

Hope you like, I felt the lead in lines of the waves worked quite nicely :)

Nikon D50, Nikon 18-70mm, 18mm, 2s, ISO200, RAW.

20081004102334_dsc_6791-01.jpg

Magical shot! The waves effect is absolutely lovely!

Top marks - I love it :)

Another winner mate. Like it loads.

Andy

Lovely capture - well done

thats a belter! lovely spot, love the waves (y)

that's one cool effect on those waves, works very well & looks spectacular, was the focus set on the land in the background as it looks a tad soft but nothing major

Wow, thansk for all the kind replies :D

Dave, where abouts in Cannock are you? Mustn't be far from me, I'm by the BT Tower on the Chase?

The focus was IIRC correctly set on the land yes, neatimage might have softened the water more than originally shot, but I quite like the final effect :)

Had been in Padstow beforehand in the London Inn (our fav pub) for a few, but also managed the Harlyn for pool and darts plenty of times too lol - was a great week away :)

Dan

good food in the harlyn :naughty:also had a beer or three in the london inn,my missus loved their flower displays so much,i had to take photos of it...

100_0817.jpg

taken with a kodak P+S before i got into photography big time(and expense)

twas a good holiday last year :)

good food in the harlyn :naughty:also had a beer or three in the london inn,my missus loved their flower displays so much,i had to take photos of it...

100_0817.jpg

Nice piccy, just made me sad seeing that however as I soooooooooooo wish I was there right now and not stuck at home and in the swing of work and chores lol!!!!

Yes nice food in the Harlyn, eaten a few times there. Have you tried the food in the London? VERY nice indeed, as-is Rojanos Italian (sp) for if you re-visit the lovely Padstow ;)

Wow, thansk for all the kind replies :D

Dave, where abouts in Cannock are you? Mustn't be far from me, I'm by the BT Tower on the Chase?

Dan

Hi :D

Im in Heath Hayes (y) I can see the BT tower from here :)

Last edited:

100_0817.jpg

ooooh I got a photo of this pub only a few weeks ago!!

As for your first wave shot, LOVELY :D

Gary.

Back