DVD Recorder - To backup stuff from Sky+

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I am trying to do a bit of research for my dad who is wanting to get a DVD recorder to copy off things he wants to keep from his Sky HD box (though not particularly in HD).

So...anyone got any recomendations for a good recorder? Would be nice if it could upscale too :p

oh and yeah any budget at the moment really.

Yeah sorry, can plug any old thing in, just wondering if anyone had one that they recommended really.

Yeah sorry, can plug any old thing in, just wondering if anyone had one that they recommended really.

ahh ok.. i wasnt sure if you were asking if you needed something special.

i reckon (but it's only a guess as i have no clue with sky+) that if you just wanted to back up the hdd, you could take it out, put it in a caddy and copy it onto another hdd or your pc.

as for dvd recorders i cant recommend anything as the only one i've ever used was a hdd/dvd recorder.

looking at my post, i'm not really being very helpful am i? :)

I have a Liteon 1105 DVD recorder, it does what is says on the tin :)

I have a Philips cost about £80 in Tesco. I use it to record off a freeview box hard drive so I'd assume it would be ok for a sky+ box. Which reminds me I have a hell of alot of programmes to record from the box ready then delete so I have plenty of room for next weeks BTCC.

I have a Pioneer dvr 545 hdd / dvd recorder

Fantastic bit of kit really, it even has dv in and usb for chucking stuff on disc from other bits an bobs. Also the built in freeview box is a bit of a bonus :D

Back