E6 processing- who do you use

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I now have my hands on my Contax G2 and have a roll of Velvia at home, so the big question is...

Where do you get your E6 processed? Do you get them mounted or leave them as strips and scan?

I have performed a search but it came up with not a lot. E6 is too short for a search term!

I'm going to be returning to Peak Imaging after my experiments with processing my own E6. To be honest, I just don't shoot enough to warrant doing my own processing, and the chemicals end up expiring before I've had my moneys worth.

I usually get 35mm mounted, but leave the 120 in strips and scan them myself (mainly as I don't actually have a 120 compatible projector!)

Last edited:
I'm going to be returning to Peak Imaging after my experiments with processing my own E6. To be honest, I just don't shoot enough to warrant doing my own processing, and the chemicals end up expiring before I've had my moneys worth.

I usually get 35mm mounted, but leave the 120 in strips and scan them myself (mainly as I don't actually have a 120 compatible projector!)

Thanks Mark. I have no plans on getting a projecor as yet but I think mounting is probably worthwhile if I ever do. My dad also has hundreds of slides, all mounted so a projector (a cheap one at least) may be useful in the future.

I use The UK Darkroom and find them very good.

Both for 35mm and 120 slides

I don't suppose that anyones used Peak Imaging recently with their new prices? In the past I've always used the single process only return postage option which now costs £1.75 but the other day they charged me the full £3.50 for a 35mm process and mount yet it doesn't say anywhere that mounting excludes you from the reduced postage fee. (Cost £10.44 in total! :bang: )
If anyones had a 35mm process and mount how much did they charge you for postage? I hope it was just a mistake as they do an excellent job usually.

Another shout for The Darkroom, they have always been very good with mine and the turnaround time iis pretty speedy (y)

CCimaging

Its in Leeds, I work in Leeds, I call on a morning, throw my 120 at them and pick em up in the evening on my way home....thus eliminating the postal service..:cool:

I don't suppose that anyones used Peak Imaging recently with their new prices?

I'd only noticed today that they put up their prices so much as I've been saving a bunch of films to send in at once.

Was £3.44, now £4.44 for 35mm 36 exp process only
Was £3.19, now £4.13 for 120 process only

without the postage.

:runaway:

I've used them exclusively for ages and I've been recommending them to anyone who asked, but I may have to consider other options.

Last edited:
Fuji have increased the price of their chemicals recently so a lot of labs are having to raise their prices as Fuji pretty much dominates the market these days with processing equipment and chems.

I use The UK Darkroom and find them very good.

Both for 35mm and 120 slides

I find The UK Darkroom very good for transparencies. In the past Genieimaging did not process E6 so I was using Genieimaging only for C-41 (because of a very attractive price + you can get quite cheap scans) and The UK Darkroom for E6 .

I've just checked Genieimaging web site and it looks like they have started to process E6.

http://www.genieimaging.co.uk/index_red.htm

Last edited:
My local Jessops do E6 developing - a 1 hour service. Handy when I can't be arsed to develop them myself, in which case I use Tetanal. The nice thing with slides is you only need a changing bag and a tank.

Back