E6 Processing

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
FilmDev are not processing E6 at the moment, as it's been I while since I last sent film to anyone else, who's good at the moment?

I've got some 35mm C41 and some E6 to send off so I'm trying to save on postage (there and back).

I've used AG, Peak and The Darkroom UK in the past, anybody else I should be considering?

I don't think Filmdev have ever done E6 have they? I asked them pre-Covid and they said only C41 & B&W were offered as options.

Otherwise, other than I've been happy with Peak for my E6 stuff, I can't offer any others that I have personal experience with.
I had it in my head that they did once but I may be mistaken, its not unusual :D

AG do my E6. No complaints from me.

Last roll I sent was received by them on 29th Sept, and negs were dispatched on 5th Oct so just under a week. I normally allow a week to be honest which is what they state on their website last time I checked.

I'm gonna put my usual recommendation of Nik & Trik foward at NTphotoworks.com

Ok Nick, no problem. May I ask why? I'm not gonna try to argue about it, just genuinely curious.

I visited their shop a couple of years ago aiming to buy some film and have a look at their secondhand stock and generally have a chat about the state of film photography as I like to support companies that keep film alive.

I found them, unfriendly, arrogant and patronising, needless to say I haven’t patronised their store since or felt able to recommend their services.

I visited their shop a couple of years ago aiming to buy some film and have a look at their secondhand stock and generally have a chat about the state of film photography as I like to support companies that keep film alive.

I found them, unfriendly, arrogant and patronising, needless to say I haven’t patronised their store since or felt able to recommend their services.

Fair enough chap, that'd put me right off too. Thanks for the reply :)

AG did a nice job of developing, mounting and scanning a roll of new Ektachrome E6 I sent them last year. It took almost two weeks but that was down to me wanting them scanning and mounting.

AG did a nice job of developing, mounting and scanning a roll of new Ektachrome E6 I sent them last year. It took almost two weeks but that was down to me wanting them scanning and mounting.
I used AG for a Provia 100F inc mounting and prints a few weeks ago and it took the 2 weeks they said it would. I think they quote a week for straight E6 developing. They did a good job too!

Edit to add mine was straight dev only, no mounting.

[stupid question] Do people mount >35mm? I've never seen it done...[/stupidquestion]

Edit to add mine was straight dev only, no mounting.

[stupid question] Do people mount >35mm? I've never seen it done...[/stupidquestion]
I used to get 6x6 120 Ektachrome slides mounted back in the early 80s, they were a sort of thin white card mount, a bit like a narrow picture frame. They've mostly sprung apart now as the contact adhesive that held them together hasn't coped with 40 years very well. I always fancied buying a 6x6 slide projector but never got round to it - lucky the internet and eBay wasn't around in those days to tempt me!

Wait... 6x6 projector....?

I truly did not realise MF projecting was a thing... I only ever had to suffer 35mm when I was a kid... I think I listened to an FPP podcast that put me off the idea of projecting because of bulb scarcity and general burning neg hazards. But 6x6... Must... not... investigate...

Wait... 6x6 projector....?

I truly did not realise MF projecting was a thing... I only ever had to suffer 35mm when I was a kid... I think I listened to an FPP podcast that put me off the idea of projecting because of bulb scarcity and general burning neg hazards. But 6x6... Must... not... investigate...
I think most of the 6x6 projectors are probably very old now, with 'single slide only' manual type carriers (think 'magic lantern' type thing), so do tread carefully, as a lot of them are probably metal-cased with perished wiring and the earth wire may no longer be working! If so, get it tested by a qualified electrician to current PAT standard before plugging it in... and make sure your life insurance policy is up to date! ;) PS Check the bulbs are still available too, or it's ornament value only!

Last edited:
There was a guy came to my local club last year who only shot Velvia on a Hasselblad and he projected his 120 slides using a carousel projector.
I wonder if that was a special 120 type carousel projector or some sort of adapted standard one?

Hey chap,

I have used peak since starting shooting slide (and neg for that matter), and never felt the need to use anyone else. Never had a single issue with them or their processing. I’ve had film back within 48 hours before as well, but I suspect this is mostly to do with backlog at the time. Even still, it’s never taken longer than 4-5 days before, with by far the most common turn around time being 3 days. At present I am unaware of how their prices compare however, so it’d be worth the comparison if you’ve not had a gander already :)

FilmDev are not processing E6 at the moment, as it's been I while since I last sent film to anyone else, who's good at the moment?

I've got some 35mm C41 and some E6 to send off so I'm trying to save on postage (there and back).

I've used AG, Peak and The Darkroom UK in the past, anybody else I should be considering?

I think I've used Peak the last few times I've shot E6 (or Filmdev for some of the dodgy warm expired stuff cross-processed!); Peak are well priced and the quality has always been good.

It's a while since I checked prices and availability for the nifty dev/scan estimator, but the current iteration suggests AG, CC Imaging, DSCL, Peak, Photo Hippo (most expensive dev only), SilverPanLab (cheapest for dev only) and The Dark Room (also expensive for dev only).

I think I've used Peak the last few times I've shot E6 (or Filmdev for some of the dodgy warm expired stuff cross-processed!); Peak are well priced and the quality has always been good.

It's a while since I checked prices and availability for the nifty dev/scan estimator, but the current iteration suggests AG, CC Imaging, DSCL, Peak, Photo Hippo (most expensive dev only), SilverPanLab (cheapest for dev only) and The Dark Room (also expensive for dev only).
Thanks Chris (y)

Back